Welcome To The Shopsmith Getting Started Series
Welcome! We want to officially say we are happy to have you as part of the Shopsmith Family.
Whether you inherited a Shopsmith Multipurpose Machine, Acquired a Machine but Haven't Gotten Started, or you have been doing woodworking for a while but are new to Shopsmith Tools, we want to help you get started.
For more than 65 years, Shopsmith has prided itself on being a progressive company that offers its customers more than just a “hit and run” sale that you can get from other providers or when you purchase equipment online.
We are excited to present you a series of Getting Started Topics and Brand New Easy Get Started Videos that include helpful information on Your Machine, Proper Machine Use, Safety, and How to Create a Woodworking Project from Start to Finish. You will receive information on:
- Getting To Know Your Machine
- Getting Your Machine Ready To Use
- Safety Must Knows
- The Machine - The Magic - 7 Tools in One!
You will have access to a wealth of resources to help you all along the way and if you want to speak to a “Live” person, Customer Service is available to take your call.
The following are just some of the woodworking resources you will have access to at www.shopsmith.com
- Getting Started Web Pages & Video Series. Expect a series of topics and videos that will guide you step by step on how to get started and begin woodworking in no time;
- Woodworking Glossary of Terms. The Woodworking Glossary of Terms is a great resource to demystify general woodworking terms that you will hear throughout you woodworking journey. Click Here for our woodworking glossary;
- Owner's Manual Summary. This is a
summary version of the larger, more detailed Owner's Manual you would
receive when purchasing your machine.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the Summarized Owner's Manual.
The larger printed Owner's Manual is available for purchase. Click here to order.
- Upgrade Parts. Upgrade any Shopsmith Machine to today's latest technology and performance. Click Here to see the upgrades available;
- Service Parts. Maintain you Shopsmith to make it work like a new machine. Click Here for service parts and information;
- User Forum. Join the Shopsmith User Forum (40,000+ Strong!) share ideas, techniques, and tips with fellow woodworkers. Click Here to browse the User Forum;
- Easy To Use Plans. Access to hundreds of plans that will walk you step-by-step through building your choice of great projects. Click Here to see this extensive list of woodworking plans;
- Live Demonstrations. Visit a live demonstration at a Lowe's Store near you. Click Here for a scheduled list of locations;
- Help Hotline. Have a question? Call Shopsmith Customer Service at (937) 890-5197. Click Here To Contact Us.
No matter how you received your Shopsmith woodworking machine, we look forward to working with you to become a part of an elite group of sophisticated woodworkers who produce fine wood products and who are saving thousands of dollars by doing it themselves.
- Knowing Your Machine
- Getting Ready
- Table Saw
- Drill Press
- Horizontal Boring
- Disc Sanding
- Over-Table Router
- Under-Table Shaper
- Making a Project