Lathe Duplicator

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dkirtus
Bronze Member

Lathe Duplicator

Post by dkirtus »

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, not new to woodworking. I stumbled onto the forum looking for information on Shopsmith's lathe duplicator. Mainly, I am looking for one to buy. I see that they are not available on the Shopsmith website, are they not producing them anymore? Were there problems and did they just not work? Anyone with information out there?
Thanks,
Dkirtus (chips)
rcoder
Gold Member

Post by rcoder »

The duplicator is still there under the accessories then lathe. Try again.

Bob
fjimp
Platinum Member

Lathe Duplicator URL

Post by fjimp »

Try this link to find the lathe duplicator

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/latheduplicator.htm
dkirtus
Bronze Member

Lathe Duplicator

Post by dkirtus »

Thank you for your information. I did in fact go to the SS site and located the lathe duplicator prior to my posting, however it states that it is not currently available. That is what lead me to create the post requesting any information. I have even been unable to find one on eBay, and they usually have everything by Shopsmith.
Still looking,
Dkirtus
chiroindixon
Gold Member

eBay's got one....

Post by chiroindixon »

Checked this morning, 13 Sep. Last Shopsmith entry was an unused lathe duplicator, complete. Item number: 170028957200

Happy bidding.
kenj
Bronze Member

Post by kenj »

According to SS customer service personnel, "not currently available" on the website simply means the item is out of stock or on back order. The item is still available, you just have to wait until they restock or build the item before it will ship.
ricknwood
Gold Member

Lathe Duplicator

Post by ricknwood »

Hi Kenji, I'm a Traveling Academy Instructor for Shopsmith and I can assure you that we still carry the Lathe Duplicator. As a matter of fact, I currently have the Duplicator on sale for $395.99 which is $44.00 off the regular price.
If you are interested in further dialouge on this or any other subject, please contact me at my e-mail address and we can talk. Rick Davis
ricknwood@aol.com
tchwrtr55
Gold Member

Post by tchwrtr55 »

I received an e-mail ad today from Shop Smith. The lathe duplicator is listed on sale for $340.00 (about $100.00 off).
dkirtus
Bronze Member

lathe duplicator

Post by dkirtus »

Thanks all for the info. Saw a SS demo at the state fair on Thur evening, ordered the duplicator and all the accessories @10% off for the "fair" discount; not too bad, right? Friday I got the same email showing the $100 off and same percentage on the accessories. I called SS, already knowing that I was going to be disappointed. They agreed to change my order to reflect in email sale price. Said they were happy to extend the discount. Sometimes it is a real pleasure dealing with honest and helpful companies. Hope SS stays in business forever!:) :)

dkirtus