Shopsmith Lathe Duplicator
Create Perfect Professional Duplicates Easily with the Lathe Duplicator
If you have been fearful of the lathe, this incredible accessory could help you master many of the key techniques of proficient turning
The Amazing Shopsmith Lathe Duplicator Helps You Turn Precisely Matched Spindles, Bowls & Other Faceplate-Mounted Projects With Speed and Ease
Now you can quickly and easily make multiple spindle or faceplate turnings that match perfectly. Create chair backs, newel posts and stair railings. Turn matched sets of bowls or round gift boxes. Duplicate pieces up to 8-inches in diameter with cuts to 3-1/4-inches deep!
Work with flat patterns or existing turnings such as worn or broken porch spindles. A simple micro-adjustment assures cutting tip to follower tip alignments as close as 1/64-inch. Then just grasp the floating tool rest assembly (which holds the cutting & follower tips) firmly with both hands and glide it smoothly across the worktable surface while the follower tip traces the pattern and the cutting tip does the work. Simple!
The two-handed grip gives you positive control of every cut. It's nearly impossible to slip and ruin a turning! Use the follower tip when duplicating... or remove it and turn freehand without fear of gouging.
The rugged worktable mounts in your Mark 7 or Mark V's table carriage. Heavy steel supports clamp quickly to the Mark 7 or Mark V's upper way tubes to hold the pattern securely. Includes safety guard and 12" wide, clear chip deflector shield for added safety. Unit folds for compact storage.
Includes These Standard Accessories
- Mounting Brackets w/Unistrut Support Bar
- 60-degree Triangle Cutter & Follower
- 12-inch Floating Chip Shield
- Floating Tool Rest Assembly
- Heavy-Duty Worktable Assembly
- Two Reversible Pattern Clamps
- Extension Spacer
- Maximum length of workpiece...34"
- Maximum length of turning...32"
- Minimum length of workpiece with standard Cup Center...6-1/4"
- Minimum length of workpiece with Live Center and spacer...4-1/4"
- Maximum turning diameter from a flat template...8"
- Maximum turning diameter from a three dimensional pattern...4"
Note: Live center is not included, but is recommended. Order separately
Note: Not for use with the Shopsmith 10ER, Mark 2 or older Mark VII.
555638 Shopsmith Lathe Duplicator ... $459.22
Lathe Duplicator Cutters with followers
Choose from five cutter profiles and matching follower tips to create graceful curves or intricate turnings.
- 35-degree Diamond - Best for turning fine beads of deep, intricate detail
- 60-degree Triangle - Universal tip, from rough turning through medium details. Comes standard with the Lathe Duplicator
- 1/2-inch Round - Best for initial roughing and forming curves and coves
- 3/8-inch Square - Best for turning long, flat surfaces, dowels and plugs
- 1/2-inch cone cutter - Precision-ground, high-speed steel with extra-sharp edge for fine, smooth shaving cuts
555213 35-degree Diamond Cutter ... $27.29
555211 60-degree Triangle Cutter ... $27.29
555210 1/2-inch Round Cutter ... $27.29
555212 3/8-inch Square Cutter ... $27.29
555278 1/2-inch Cone Cutter ... $15.96
Order on the Web or by Phone, if you prefer --
Call before 4:30 PM Eastern Time
Copyright © 2017 RLFShop LLC-Shopsmith All rights reserved.