Worth $350-???

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

------------------------
Gold Member

Post by ------------------------ »

Hey Ron!
Thanks for the link! I am just now going to try it out.
Mark
------------------------
Gold Member

Wow great link!!
Here is a Mark5 for $95!!!
http://slo.craigslist.org/tls/1647841882.html
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mark-b wrote:Wow great link!!
Here is a Mark5 for $95!!!
http://slo.craigslist.org/tls/1647841882.html

Did ya miss this one?

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/tls/1642334897.html

Sixth function must be the jointer/shaper.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
------------------------
Gold Member

I tried to respond twice to the $95-Mark5--failed both times-- oh well it is about 3 1/2 - 4 hours south
The Santa Barbara ER is 5 hours away (the wrong way) perhaps Mickyd will want it. Probably only an hour or two from him
------------------------
Gold Member

$200-Mark5

What do you guys think about the speed coment on this posting?
Thanks for the input:)

This Mark 5 Shopsmith was made in Cincinnati, Ohio, by the Yuba Power Products Co. It is of the vintage that had the 3/4 hp, single bearing quill. It is balky at changing speed to the extremes of the range, but will do it (probably needs lubrication). The attachments are probably worth more than the basic machine. They are: jointer, push blocks, Forrest combination saw blade, turning attachments, 12" disc sander (not shown), lathe tools sharpening jig, table extension for mitre gage, complete shop manual (new), dust collection kit, locking caster kit, and rip saw blade.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mark-b wrote:What do you guys think about the speed coment on this posting?
Thanks for the input:)

This Mark 5 Shopsmith was made in Cincinnati, Ohio, by the Yuba Power Products Co. It is of the vintage that had the 3/4 hp, single bearing quill. It is balky at changing speed to the extremes of the range, but will do it (probably needs lubrication). The attachments are probably worth more than the basic machine. They are: jointer, push blocks, Forrest combination saw blade, turning attachments, 12" disc sander (not shown), lathe tools sharpening jig, table extension for mitre gage, complete shop manual (new), dust collection kit,locking caster kit, and rip saw blade.

Agreed!

Helps

Also helps

The rest of the value critique is up to you! IMHO, A bit high, but then I have not seen it!<<<<< Belay that! I was thinking the asking price was $350!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
------------------------
Gold Member

Here are the pics: (sorry for the delay, I am also day trading crude oil this morning)
[ATTACH]8303[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8305[/ATTACH]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mark-b wrote:Here are the pics: (sorry for the delay, I am also day trading crude oil this morning)
[ATTACH]8303[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8305[/ATTACH]
A little rough, but then you know how to take care of that! What is the 'part' at the front end of the right leg??? I do not recognize it!

DAY TRADING? How 'crude' can you get? Wish ya luck on that! Hope you do not need to drive a tanker up north this time!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

------------------------
Gold Member

JPG40504 wrote:A little rough, but then you know how to take care of that! What is the 'part' at the front end of the right leg??? I do not recognize it!

DAY TRADING? How 'crude' can you get? Wish ya luck on that! Hope you do not need to drive a tanker up north this time!
I have no idea what that part is. I sent an email to seller, but have not gotten a response so that I can go see it.

If I dont make some "phat coin" on this trade, my wife may put me into the tanker and ship me off to the north:eek: