Table extension legs - replacing the rubber feet?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

damagi
Platinum Member

Table extension legs - replacing the rubber feet?

Post by damagi »

Anyone replace the feet on their 510/520 table extension legs? One of mine was missing when I got it. It looks like it should be able to accept the feet from some crutches...which should also increase grip and stability.

Someone done this? If so, are there any places that would sell this type of thing locally, or am I probably stuck mail order?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

damagi wrote:Anyone replace the feet on their 510/520 table extension legs? One of mine was missing when I got it. It looks like it should be able to accept the feet from some crutches...which should also increase grip and stability.

Someone done this? If so, are there any places that would sell this type of thing locally, or am I probably stuck mail order?
Hardware store(not a big box store). Be sure to get 7/8" size. Drug stores tend to be pricier. The smaller type work well since the 'load' is almost entirely 'vertical' when set up properly.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

damagi wrote:Anyone replace the feet on their 510/520 table extension legs? One of mine was missing when I got it. It looks like it should be able to accept the feet from some crutches...which should also increase grip and stability.

Our HD sells such items.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

lv2wdwrk wrote:Our HD sells such items.
Yep! That's where I get mine.
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Our Wally world has them. No, wait, that was last week... :rolleyes:
They have probably moved them out to make room for the Halloween candy... :eek:
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

Thanks for the tips. I was able to find appropriate feet at Home Depot.

In examining the one foot that was still on the legs, it seems that there is a washer that shopsmith (or the previous owner) put in the foot to prevent tearing out the foot. Appears to be a 7/8" OD washer. I will probably put in that sort of washer to be safe.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

damagi wrote:Thanks for the tips. I was able to find appropriate feet at Home Depot.

In examining the one foot that was still on the legs, it seems that there is a washer that shopsmith (or the previous owner) put in the foot to prevent tearing out the foot. Appears to be a 7/8" OD washer. I will probably put in that sort of washer to be safe.
The washer is there to distribute the load from the end of the tube over a greater area. They are 'standard ss'.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange