Adios!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

riverfix
Bronze Member

Hands Online

Post by riverfix »

Nick, I really enjoyed all of the videos you made. I sure am going to miss them. So much of what you showed was not necessarily Shopsmith specific, and could be used by wood workers with any machinery. And so I was wondering if there was some way to get the show on to PBS or even one of the cable networks?

I don't know anything about buisness or video production, but I'll bet there are members here who do. Do you think we (collectively) could find a way to get it done, thus saving Shopsmith and your video segments? There are so many companies that I buy tools and accessories from that I use with my Shopsmith that I'm sure we could find enough sponsors. I mean that's if Shopsmith would allow it. I'll bet you could even ask for donations at the end of each show, or have a membership program. John, if you're reading this, can we do it? Shopsmith is one of the last great American tool innovators and I'd hate to see go the way of the dinosaurs because of cheap low quality Chinese/Taiwanese machinery. Made in America still means something to me.

Just my two cents, but I hope you'll seriously consider my thoughts.

Harrry
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

I wonder if Nick is listening or hearing any of this praise.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

paul heller wrote:I wonder if Nick is listening or hearing any of this praise.
You can check for yourself: As of today, by looking at Nick's Public Profile, he last visited these forums on November 1. http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/member.htm?u=1533
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Ah, but where did he go? No tracks were left! It is hard to believe he is not allowed to say "thank you" or to post something, but then again stranger things have happened in this crazy world.

Paul
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Nick wrote:Shopsmith's educational program, including Hands Online!, the Sawdust Sessions, Video Shop Tips, and the Academy are all the latest victims of this country's financial woes. Drew, Katie, Liberty, Buddy, and I didn't want to leave without saying how much we have enjoyed and appreciated your interest, support, and kind words. I'd like to tell you that we will be checking in from time to time, but we're going to have to make our way through the most hostile economy in eighty years and I don't expect we'll have much spare time. Still, I feel we'll see each other on the Internet sooner or later. Until then -- Keep your corners square!

With all good wishes,
I have underlined the parts of Nick's parting message that cannot be mis-understood for anything other than a thank you.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

paul heller wrote:Ah, but where did he go? No tracks were left! It is hard to believe he is not allowed to say "thank you" or to post something, but then again stranger things have happened in this crazy world.

Paul
Paul et al,

If you feel a need to communicate with Nick you are able to do so. He left his profile in tact. On his profile you'll find his Home Page at Wright-Brothers.Org: you can email him there - he will respond. It may not be immediate]have faith[/U]. He will return to do more of what we all want of him. It may be in a different format but he will return.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

charlese wrote:I have underlined the parts of Nick's parting message that cannot be mis-understood for anything other than a thank you.
Chuck, my point was there are 75 posts in this thread since he wrote that, and most of them are praise for him. I wonder if he is even seeing these posts. If it were me, I'd at least say thank you again. So I doubt he is aware. Too bad. Then again, high praise doesn't put food on the table....

Paul
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

paul heller wrote:Chuck, my point was there are 75 posts in this thread since he wrote that, and most of them are praise for him. I wonder if he is even seeing these posts. If it were me, I'd at least say thank you again. So I doubt he is aware. Too bad. Then again, high praise doesn't put food on the table....

Paul
Paul
I can't say if Nick is seeing these or not. However I do know that many consulting contracts are written to forbide any interaction with customers after the contract is terminated.
This done to protect both the company and the customer.

That said to say Nick and Drew may be forbidden to respond to the forum due to contract agreements.

Someone mentioned he saw Nick as being signed on Nov 1 so let us assume the best. That Nick and Drew feel our love, and that they appreciate the support and concern of their friends but for one reason or another they simply don't respond.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

I'm sure they are allowed to visit the forum (Nick or Drew), but it will have to be as a regular forum member, and not as a moderator of the forum or as a SS representative.

They probably can't give advice as they once did with SS backing them up. They probably feel it is best to lay low for a while and let us members of the forum take the ball. Let's be honest, most of us know that Nick and Drew were very stubborn when it came to their advice, especially Nick, (their way or the highway) and with SS not backing their opinions anymore, I'm sure it is hard for them to change there ways very quickly.

I'm sure that they will visit from time to time, but not offer the advice as they once did. I'm sure they have moved on to other things involving woodworking, as they have not always worked for Shopsmith.
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
JPG
Platinum Member

Farewell.....Return SOON!!!!

Post by JPG »

NICK!! Do not CHANGE too much. Thanks for past "HELP" GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange