SCROLL SAW PARTS

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

woodmeister
Gold Member

SCROLL SAW PARTS

Post by woodmeister »

I recently obtained a scroll saw and am in need of a replacement part for it. Don't have a manual to locate part number. It is the opposite end of the table that supports the U type surface that helps table to rotate left or right. Mine seems to have broken off and only have the screws. Anyone know where I might obtain one? Opposite the end with handle that show graduations when table is rotated.
Thanks
Tom
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Re: SCROLL SAW PARTS

Post by ChrisNeilan »

That should be available new from Shopsmith. If you go to the main website and go to products, then scrollsaw, there shoild be a link to the parts diagram and list.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

-Beave
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

Thank you that is the information I needed!!!!
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

woodmeister wrote:I recently obtained a scroll saw and am in need of a replacement part for it. Don't have a manual to locate part number. It is the opposite end of the table that supports the U type surface that helps table to rotate left or right. Mine seems to have broken off and only have the screws. Anyone know where I might obtain one? Opposite the end with handle that show graduations when table is rotated.
Thanks
Tom
Shopsmith made a much better part for that end of the later scroll saw table.
518102 1 Rear Cradle $3.92 #87
518152 1 Spacer $0.80 #67
518153 1 Screw #10-32 X 1" $0.80 #66
186923 2 Socket head cap screw 1/4-24 X 5/8" $0.80 #7

I highly recommend installing the following kit:
555706 Scroll saw blade change system upgrade kit $33.24
I installed this kit on the 2 scroll saws I rebuilt, used and then sold them. Really makes changing the blade easier.

Bill
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

Hi received the part for scroll saw table today. Just a flat piece of metal with 3 holes. My old one has a 5/16 inch rod in it and tapped. Am I supposed to press fit the rod into the piece of metal and use that?
What is any ones experience here>|?
Thanks,
Tom