Website video... remember the old one?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Website video... remember the old one?

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

I know... where the %^*$ have you been pinkie... :D
I hope y'all have been doing great.

anywho, I was looking at the Shopsmith main site and the new PP unit, impressive (!) but I can't find a video like they used to have in the old days with the guy that could demo the changeovers so smoothly.
Am I missing the videos? Very probable knowing me.
Or isn't there a company video of the new machine? Shoot, I can't find a video of the Mark V.
I've even searched youtube and can't find the old SS introductory video online.:confused: always kinda liked it.

P.S. I'm picking up a 510 to go with my 520 tomorrow.
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Welcome back to the land of the living! Wondered what happened to you.

BPR
greitz
Gold Member

Post by greitz »

Welcome back, Pinkie! I was admiring the full moon on the drive to work this morning.... interesting coincidence!

Gary
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Pinkie;
Rry the following website.
Bill V

http://www.shopsmithabrasives.com/
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Well is it now Chef Pinkie!?

Apparently things are looking up if the 520 is picking up a stable mate.

Do not stay away so long!

Welcome back!!!!!!

Stay home the last night of this month!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

pinkiewerewolf wrote:I know... where the %^*$ have you been pinkie... :D
I hope y'all have been doing great.

anywho, I was looking at the Shopsmith main site and the new PP unit, impressive (!) but I can't find a video like they used to have in the old days with the guy that could demo the changeovers so smoothly.
You mean the "infomercial" type video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-SvTOOUgwQ

There's also the demonstration videos by Mal Hyams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwpHZIlJi0U
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

The infomercial is it!
I had only been able to find the lathe portion the other night.

I couldn't pass up this 520. I need it for my overhead pin router while the sawtrain is on the other MKV. Plus it had the scroll saw included and I've been wanting one of those for years.
I might have to sell some of my SASS guns to pay for it though. LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome back, I should be a certified Sous Chef in a about two years now. LOL (gotta have three years of line work and then pass a practical exam)

hehe, I'm admiring the moon myself...:D
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
Ron309753
Gold Member

Post by Ron309753 »

IIRC, Nick also made a short change-over video, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

SIncerely,

Ron309753

P.S. Welcome back Pinkie!
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

JPG40504 wrote:Quickerlink!]http://www.shopsmithabrasives.com/flash-page.html[/URL]
The new video is pretty slick, very "European" in its feel. The old infomercial is hokey but they tied in how the other functions work together very well.

Its good that the sawdust sessions are still available, good knowledge for us and a great sales tool for SS.

I miss Nick & Drew.

Thanks for the greeting Ron! It feels good to get back to the wood.