Platinum Member

Hey, Dusty

Post by Gene Howe »

How's the new shop coming along?
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Hey, Dusty

Post by JPG »

Gene Howe wrote:How's the new shop coming along?
He is busy unloading!!! :cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

The new shop is a disaster but the pod is unloaded and will be picked up on Monday.

I have detected no damage at this point. I have learned, however, that I am something of a pack rat. As I helped unload and move things around so that I can walk around in the shop I became rudely aware of that.

Unpacking boxes and properly storing the contents in my new Husky Tool Chest and in the five wall cabinets should yield a usable work shop.

As we were unloading though, question like "why do you have two of these, you can only use one at a time" sorta got under my skin.

Thanks for asking.

I'll post a couple pictures once it becomes to look like a shop rather than a warehouse.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

dusty wrote: As we were unloading though, question like "why do you have two of these, you can only use one at a time" sorta got under my skin.
And the answer is, when they are "hiding" , as things in the shop often do :), having two (or more) means that finding one is much quicker. ;)

Hoping your shop organization goes smoothly. :D

One of these years I might even get mine organized.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Good to hear that it's working out well for you.
A bit cooler down there and, that's great for un packing and organizing. 100 isn't friendly to movers.
Is the house all organized, now?
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

This last week I spent about 2 hours on three different days working in the farm shop just sorting hand tools and other bits and pieces that I largely acquired this last year. I probably moved about 300 items each of the three days and even I can barely tell that anything has been moved to a proper home... :eek: Mostly wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, specialty pliers (like for snap rings etc.), punches, chisels and machinist tooling. If another person had looked the week before and looked again today they might swear that I have moved nothing. Still, "I" know what has been properly placed. :p
On the up side today I attended one of the several annual consignment auctions that we normally go to and I didn't buy a single thing... :D

There are a lot of jobs much like shop sorting that can seem like it will never end then suddenly one day you look up and realize that you are done... Well, almost done. :)

You've got this Dusty. :cool:

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

The pod is completely unloaded and the shop is completely full up.

I don't know how long it will be before I can make saw dust again. Maybe Christmas.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

dusty wrote:The pod is completely unloaded and the shop is completely full up.

I don't know how long it will be before I can make saw dust again. Maybe Christmas.
Well, Independence day is probably out of the question, then. But how about trying for the Swiss National Confederation day, August 1. Or, do you like to watch the parade?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I don't know when it will be but you can bet that I will be trying to get "the stuff" put away soon.

I didn't know I had so much "stuff".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Hey Dusty. How about a pic of the shop now(before). Then when ya finish(after) pic.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob