Need 510 Lower Saw Guard

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

woodburner
Gold Member

Need 510 Lower Saw Guard

Post by woodburner »

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a lower saw guard for a 510 that a friend of mine gave me and I'm currently cleaning up for use. Looked everywhere online for a decent used one but no luck. If anyone here can help, or point me in the right direction, I'll really appreciate it. Thanks.
Mike907
Platinum Member

Re: Need 510 Lower Saw Guard

Post by Mike907 »

You can buy a new one from Shopsmith -

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/item ... tem=514358

or here's one on Ebay that looks decent, but is missing a cover lock knob and washer and who knows what else -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-520-5 ... SwxcRW-ZWH

Good luck!

Mike
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Trying to avoid the $259.00 + shipping that Shopsmith wants for a new one. I've seen them on ebay in good condition for under $50, but the only one on there right now is the one you mentioned, and it's missing parts, and I don't think the extra $50 he wants to ship it is worth it. Paying $110 for a well used one is a bit much. Most on ebay only charge $10 for shipping.
Thanks for your help though.
I have a brand new quill I'm willing to trade for a very decent lower saw guard too. I can't use my upper guard without the lower one, so I'm kind of stuck right now.
Last edited by woodburner on Mon May 23, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

woodburner wrote:Trying to avoid the $259.00 that Shopsmith wants for a new one. I've seen them on ebay in good condition for under $50, but the only one on there right now is the one you mentioned, and it's missing parts, and I don't think the extra $50 he wants to ship it is worth it. Paying $110 for a well used one is a bit much. Most on ebay only charge $10 for shipping.
Thanks for your help though.
I have a brand new quill I'm willing to trade for a very decent lower saw guard too. I can't use my upper guard without the lower one, so I'm kind of stuck right now.
$7.75 gets it to KY.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Gets what to KY? I live in California.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

woodburner wrote:Gets what to KY? I live in California.
'It' is the lower saw guard that is being 'discussed'.

If it costs $50 to get it to Ca and less that $10 to get it to Ky, What is the more accurate conclusion re the 'sellers' shipping charges.

I would like to get some stuff on E-bay that is sold from Ca, but have the same issue. If not sent(if it fits it ships) priority mail it becomes just to $$$$.

Beware of any stuff shipped from our neighbor to the north. :eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

I must be confused as to what you are needing. Just the lower saw guard from SS is about $135 plus shipping (still expensive), not $259.
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Thanks for checking on this. The parts sheet I looked at had the price I quoted for some reason. I think there might be two different parts lists available online for some reason.