240 Volt Headstock

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bhurley
Gold Member

240 Volt Headstock

Post by bhurley »

I have lost track of the number of Shopsmiths I have had over the years - this is a first for me though. I bought a Shopsmith set up today that, firstly, had never been run. Secondly, it is a 240 volt headstock. Apparently when you buy a 240 volt unit you are required to put your own plug on the cord to suit your needs. This one has never even had the plug added.

This is really an exception for me. I'm curious as to just how many of these things are out there. Maybe its just new to me????
Chin Up!

Got most all of them
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

bhurley wrote:I have lost track of the number of Shopsmiths I have had over the years - this is a first for me though. I bought a Shopsmith set up today that, firstly, had never been run. Secondly, it is a 240 volt headstock. Apparently when you buy a 240 volt unit you are required to put your own plug on the cord to suit your needs. This one has never even had the plug added.

This is really an exception for me. I'm curious as to just how many of these things are out there. Maybe its just new to me????

I know of no way to tell how many there are but I do believe that this has always been an option for the 505/510s. It was available when I bought mine.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

My Goldie is dual voltage. Paid a $20 premium to get it new in 64. Had to wait fer one to be shipped from the factory.

P.S. It came wired for 115v, hence the 115v plug.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange