Help me give away a Shopsmith?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Chasman823
Bronze Member

Re: Help me give away a Shopsmith?

Post by Chasman823 »

Also have a 10ER in great condition with attachments which I would like to donate to a good home. I am on Cape Cod.
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

I have a tailstock for the 500 I would enjoy contributing. Where to send it?
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
upstatenerd
Bronze Member

Post by upstatenerd »

Hi Ed, I have a question. I just bought my first ShopSmith, a 1984 Mark V upgraded to 520 tables but the tailstock does not fit well, almost like one of the posts is bent. I have cleaned and waxed the holes and the posts but it still binds about halfway in. Can this be fixed or should I get another tailstock. The jointer does not bind on its posts.

Thanks, John
Swiley3362
Bronze Member

Post by Swiley3362 »

If still needed, I believe I have a drill chuck and key that I can donate to the cause. I would need to know where to send it.

Scott
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

The original request to help complete a Shopsmith 500 for donation occurred 10 years ago. The offer to give away a 10ER recently re-opened the thread.
Chasman823 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:19 am Also have a 10ER in great condition with attachments which I would like to donate to a good home. I am on Cape Cod.
I think you'll easily find a home putting the machine up for sale on Craig's List or on eBay for pickup at a reasonable price. If you put it up for free it the home it gets might not be so good, but you could lower the price as far as you want if you find someone who seriously wants to use it.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER