HAVE YOU VOTED

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

HAVE YOU VOTED

Post by dusty »

I certainly hope so. This election more so than any I have experienced needs our attention. The nation is at a crucial turning point - the direction being determined today.

If you voted early, do you know that your ballot has been received and is being counted. I did not until one of my younger set showed me how I could find out. Yeah, she showed me how to use the Internet and the County Recorder's Website to see. It doesn't show how I voted but it does show that it is in a batch that has been counted.

Knowing this, I wonder why we won't know results or trends until late today.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
GoNavy
Gold Member

Re: HAVE YOU VOTED

Post by GoNavy »

Not yet.. going this afternoon. What I have often wondered is why we just don't change the election dates to coincide with short time (enough to count all votes) after tax day. Seems like a no brainier to make this part of filing taxes, you have to file taxes, you only file one set of taxes, you get 100% participation of tax payers voting, no way the system could be cheated, married couples filing jointly who just count as one vote since they would probably vote the same anyways ..the IRS sure seems to be able to track everyone, they have no problems going after anyone who even thinks about not filing, I am sure they could keep track of some votes. Don't file taxes you don't get a vote..simple. In my mind people who don't pay taxes shouldn't have a vote anyways...just my opinion
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

PLEASE, let's not go political with this thread. I just wanted to encourage EVERYONE who is eligible to vote to GET OUT AND VOTE.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Voted weeks ago using mail in ballot.
Great way to vote, no line and plenty of time to research each issue on ballot.
Amendment often use tricky wording to fake you out. You think you are voting against something by checking no but in fact the way the thing is worded a no vote is a vote for it.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Haven't yet but will.

It seems strange but I have a list of vote for's, a list of vote against's and the rest is pretty much a toss up so they will go along party lines. I just wish the list of vote for's was longer and the vote against's was shorter.

How it all turns out, well we have to live with the good and bad.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Voted weeks ago using mail in ballot.
Amendment often use tricky wording to fake you out. You think you are voting against something by checking no but in fact the way the thing is worded a no vote is a vote for it.
You are so right; especially for propositions. What bothers me though is that there seems to be "NO TRUE IN ADVERTISING" rules/laws that govern politics and politicians. The campaigns here seemed to be nothing more than an opportunity to "bash the opponent".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
GoNavy
Gold Member

Post by GoNavy »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Voted weeks ago using mail in ballot.
Completely forgot about mail in voting..lol...the only reason I waited until today was it is crazy back words now days, early voting involved going downtown and actually standing in line..waiting until today... I just walk down to the end of my street to the big church (My voting place), no line...lol...go figure. I still remember a time when hardly anyone voted early, we all waited to hear every last detail of what a candidate WOULD DO, not like these days where it's all about the other guy why he/she is so bad...etc...crazy. The only thing I really like is that at least, seems to me anyways, that more young people are voting. I think I was in my mid-thirties before I even thought about voting. I remember being on the ship, they would pass out those absentee ballots, I would just toss it in the trash and go eat lunch. Took me awhile to learn that serving my country involved more then just being in the Navy...go vote
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Mail in ballot.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

Voted this morning. As was mentioned hope what you voted for is the one with the majority but live with the results. It is the same as when I served in the USMC I followed our President's direction whether I voted for him or not. If you don't like it campaign against him or it at the next election. Peaceful discourse is one of the things that set our country apart.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

wrmnfzy wrote:Voted this morning. As was mentioned hope what you voted for is the one with the majority but live with the results. It is the same as when I served in the USMC I followed our President's direction whether I voted for him or not. If you don't like it campaign against him or it at the next election. Peaceful discourse is one of the things that set our country apart.
The lack of peaceful discourse and compromise is tearing our country apart.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty