Shopsmith Project pictures

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Shopsmith Project pictures

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Project pictures

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I tried to resize some other pictures to fit ...however I have a photobucket site that I have used for some time and it was easier to just post a link.

It is a free site.

I will add other projects to the pictures over time.

This is only a couple projects , the kitchen cabinets were non finished from the big box store ,,,the cabinet ends were made using air dried ash for the frames with floating tenons in the corners.

Took the wood 2 years in the attic to dry down to 6% moisture ,

The frames were made with the SS.

The big counter top legs are oak and walnut.

The table is air dried ash ,,,with some reclaimed oak for the drawer and leaf.

Its just a hobby.

Hobbyman2
newportcycle
Gold Member

Post by newportcycle »

Nice looking projects, great work. I really like the small end table. I've been planning one myself can you tell me how you did the corner accents?
recurve1usa
Gold Member

Post by recurve1usa »

Hello;
Nice work there. I like the turkey call. My Uncle's friend made me one years ago. It is not as decorated as yours but it has a nice sweet sound to it.
Nice work. thanks for posting
John
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Nice work. I did a similar thing with my kitchen about 8 years ago. I found beautiful rustic hickory cabinets at Lowes. Both my Wife and I fell in love with them so we got them. Then we installed them ourselves and made over the rest of the kitchen in rustic hickory including the door frames and woodwork. We even had to make a hickory bifold door for the kitchen pantry so it would match. We enjoyed doing the job and enjoy the kitchen every day since.

After all your hard work, now you get to sit in there and look at the beauty of the wood every day. That's your reward for doing the work.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

But it was small enough to begin with?
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (510.15 KiB) Viewed 11056 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Most handsome projects, congratulations!

Chris
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

Like that table. Especially the embellishment on end apron, is it an inlay or is it sitting on the apron?
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Thanks for the compliments

Turkey calls ,, I wanted to improve on my carving a little .. they were fun

The table,, the embellishment on the ends are walnut, cut them out on the SS scroll saw and glued on.

The taper on the legs were done on the band saw and then rough sanded with the disk sander.

It was a very fun project , I actually did this with one arm in a sling , had rotator cuff surgery and this was as good as any therapy I could get.

All of the lumber is air dried not kiln dried .

The kitchen,,,, it has been a enjoyable ,a lot of work ,,and a challenge ,,,the SS has been a blessing ,

Pictures,, I am impressed once again,,I got the ,,,too large,,,, message ,,, I'm a old fart and not that computer savvy and my 10 year old moved out 15 years ago ,,lol,,, any ,,,,slow,,,,,,guidance on resizing them is welcome.

Thanks again for the compliments
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

My favorite 'tool' for manipulating pictures is a free program called IRFANVIEW. Resizing is quite simple.

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange