Shopsmith Storage cabinet

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reubenjames
Gold Member

Re: Shopsmith Storage cabinet

Post by reubenjames »

There was another set for $500 on eBay a week or so ago, I believe. Though still too rich for me.
jjbuzard
Gold Member

Post by jjbuzard »

Make an offer of $100,they might take it.
jonesuh
Gold Member

Post by jonesuh »

can I ask about your dust collection===do you have 2 vacs hooked up ---did you just cut a hole for the extra hose---how's the efficiency

thanks
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

Nice work.
jjbuzard
Gold Member

Post by jjbuzard »

jonesuh wrote:can I ask about your dust collection===do you have 2 vacs hooked up ---did you just cut a hole for the extra hose---how's the efficiency

thanks
This saw guard/dust chute, which I bought over 20 years ago,was the updated version , came with 2 ports, but the portion away from the power unit, mounts to the table uprights has large gaps between the 2 halves, I made a collector for the 2 hoses out of a 4" Y, 2 reducers to 2 1/2" hose, rather large, to central collector, efficiency is so so, but the 2 hoses do make a difference,
I am in the process of making a wood collector box to mount between way tubes, at the same time I am making a shroud to replace the one on the table tubes, will post pictures when done.