Good deal possibly in southern Missouri

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fiatben
Platinum Member

Good deal possibly in southern Missouri

Post by fiatben »

This just popped up on craigslist in the Ozarks.

"Shopsmith for Sale $550
Comes with table saw, band saw, drill press, belt sander, disc sander, two kinds of planners, scroll saw, lathe. Comes with blades and many other parts. Pictures available upon request. Asking $550.00 OBO. Call/Text Zachary 479-256-9106"

The location is given as Noel MO but the number is an Arkansas number (which make since as the state line is right there).

From the description it sounds like it has both the jointer and the coveted planer. If I had $500, I'd call on it and go look. I'm sure it is a 500 with all the accessories available back then from this description, but it could as easily be a 510 (it did say "scroll" not "jig").

Boy, I'm tempted, but I've got all of that except the planer.

I know there are some members in southern Missouri and even over in the Tulsa area that would be interested.

Have had several on craigslist here lately, with prices all over the board, which is unusual to see that many listings.

One had the bandsaw, joiner and belt sander for $675 (too much in my opinsion). A plain jane 500 (no extras) for $295. And a 510 with bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw and a big box (mystery) for $1300 (yeah, good luck with that buddy).

Around here it is feast or famine.
'55 Greenie #292284 (Mar-55), '89 SS 510 #020989, Mark VII #408551 (sold 10/14/12), SS Band Saw, (SS 500 #36063 (May-79) now gone to son-in-law as of 11-11), Magna bandsaw, Magna jointer 16185 (May-54), Magna belt sander SS28712 (Dec-82), Magna jigsaw SS4397 (Dec-78), SS biscuit joiner, Zyliss (knockoff) vise, 20+ hand planes, 60s Craftsman tablesaw, CarbaTec mini-lathe, and the usual pile of tools. Hermit of the Hills Woodworks, a hillbilly in the foothills of the Ozarks, scraping by.