Powerpro Dado

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

easterngray
Platinum Member

Powerpro Dado

Post by easterngray »

1" deep stacked dado in 2" white oak.... Powerpro power!!
http://youtu.be/Hs3_JThujLU
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Sounded pretty impressive!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Nice! Whatcha makin' there?
Chris
easterngray
Platinum Member

Post by easterngray »

I wanted the camera (my phone) to capture the image of the Powerpro as well; but at least you can hear it! The oak is for a truck rack Im making... but I ran out of oak! I have to wait for some more scraps from work... I tell you though, the Powerpro performance was really impessive! It was running at 3600 RPM. Because the dado was cut at a pretty steep angle, you can see I was using the front table extension for the mitre gauge as well as my "Workmate" based infeed/outfeed which is in front of the right hand extension table.
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

Cuts like buttah!

You can get a much better video if you film with your phone sideways.
- 1986 Mark V 500 Mini

- 1985 Mark V 510 with reversible motor, bandsaw, jointer, and double-tilt.

I offer quality motor reversal, rebuilding, and rewiring. Contact me at HarbourTools@live.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joshh wrote:Cuts like buttah!

You can get a much better video if you film with your phone sideways.

Sorta like 'cinemascope"!:D

Just noticed lights dimming etc.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

OK, about 5 years ago, my brother decided to make a "loft bed" for his 2 boys. Same time, I had ordered my DC conversion motor from Skip, for my ER. Had Skip ship it to my brother's house. I also had ordered an OLD Magna wobble dado blade set. (And, it did need some sharpening.) That blade is an 8 inch blade, max for the ER.

We used the dado blade to make some lap joints on the bed, and with the DC motor on my brother's ER, it was doing 1 inch by 1 inch cuts with no issues at all. Granted, this was construction grade DougFir, but that motor is still the best addition to the ER.

Glad to see the MkV group has finally caught up.

Oh, skip's website, http://www.mkctools.com

He's on vacation, will be back in 3 weeks or so.

steve