Grilled Chicken

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mrhart
Platinum Member

Grilled Chicken

Post by mrhart »

So SWBMA is working a new job and putting in lots of hours. I am filling the roll of domestic engineer and need a few ideas for grilled skinless chicken breast on the bar-b. I need a sauce/season recipe to spice things up. Not just bbq sauce, something to knock her socks off. Spicy is good but I don't own a fire extinguisher.
(she who boses me around) :D
R Hart
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

mrhart wrote:So SWBMA is working a new job and putting in lots of hours. I am filling the roll of domestic engineer and need a few ideas for grilled skinless chicken breast on the bar-b. I need a sauce/season recipe to spice things up. Not just bbq sauce, something to knock her socks off. Spicy is good but I don't own a fire extinguisher.

Try this:

For the Balsamic BBQ sauce:
  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the chicken or steak:
  • 4 pieces chicken (any combination of breast or leg-and-thigh pieces) or 4 pieces of New York strip or Club strip steak
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the BBQ sauce:

Directions

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mrhart wrote:So SWBMA is working a new job and putting in lots of hours. I am filling the roll of domestic engineer and need a few ideas for grilled skinless chicken breast on the bar-b. I need a sauce/season recipe to spice things up. Not just bbq sauce, something to knock her socks off. Spicy is good but I don't own a fire extinguisher.
Being a HS graduate form Lafayette Co in South Western Wisconsin, I thought maybe something else!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
smredleg
Gold Member

Post by smredleg »

Since I met my bride in 1963, I've been using this recipe on any grill. Have to confess that I stole, er borrowed it from my in-laws.
To feed 4:
4 chicken breasts (I use those with skin-on)
1 pkg of Good Seasons Italian mix
1 lemon
3 tblspns veg. oil

Put the contents of pkg in flat dish (pie plate comes to mind). Slice lemon and juice, the pore over dry mix, add oil and stir. Allow to meld for about 15 min. Add chicken and coat both sides. Allow 2-3 hrs to marrinate at room temp., turning half way.
We eat a lot of chicken; theighs, breasts etc., but this remains the basic recipe.
SS PowerPro, bandsaw, jointer, jigsaw, belt sander, bisket cutter & dust collector. Plus a DeWalt 735 planner, and router.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I eat a lot of chicken. I keep joking about our favorite Chinese buffet (just down the road) as being chicken 27 different ways. :D

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

robinson46176 wrote:I eat a lot of chicken. I keep joking about our favorite Chinese buffet (just down the road) as being chicken 27 different ways. :D

Me too. I really like the sweet and sour pork.:rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Dusty-

How long do you marinate the chicken?
BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ryanbp01 wrote:Dusty-

How long do you marinate the chicken?
BPR
I would marinate over night in the refrigerator (in a zip lock bag) but my other half cuts it off at 3to4 hours. She prefers less tang. The balsamic can get a bit overwhelming for some.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Boy what you can learn on this forum. I like the Sushi.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joedw00 wrote:Boy what you can learn on this forum. I like the Sushi.
Gotta have some use for mesquite scraps!:D Forget the raw stuff!:(
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange