phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Wen Track Saw System

#273217 by bgeagle » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Has anyone tried the Wen system. The price is right and the few reviews look good. The other offerings are very expensive!

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-CT1065-6-5-I ... NPSH4&th=1

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Wen Track Saw System

#273225 by RFGuy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:28 am

That is an incredible price!!! I don't have any experience with the Wen tracksaw, but in the reviews I have seen for other Wen tools I have been impressed so far. Below is a review video from Izzy Swan on the Wen tracksaw. I don't watch his channel much, but he gave a favorable review of it and still uses it, I believe. One thing to look out for if you buy a tracksaw is to think about how you intend to use it. Once you have a track saw, you might want a tracksaw square and parallel edge guides as accessories to it (see link below for accessories from TSO Products). When I was searching online before my purchase, I saw that some of the aftermarket accessories would work on some of the tracksaw brands, but not all of them. If this is a concern for you, I would look into it and maybe compare the edge profile of the Wen track versus the Festool, Makita, DeWalt, Triton tracks. If the Wen track is a copy of one of those tracks then accessories that fit theirs should fit the Wen. For example, I think the Kreg tracksaw has a totally different track design from the other brands, so you have to use their parallel edge guides, etc.

https://tsoproducts.com/

---

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor

#273228 by sehast » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 am

Just by watching the video, I can tell that the track will not be compatible with the many accessories made to work with Makita and Festool tracks. Buying this system will get you a very basic track saw capability that appears to perform fairly well and is priced right. Here is another affordable option if a cordless option is desired.

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsit ... k_saw.html

#273995 by DillyDilly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm

I have one and it serves it's purpose very well.
It uses 160mm blades with a 20mm arbor size.
I use it mainly to cut acrylic sheets.