Motor - e-bay -m89$

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Motor - e-bay -m89$

Post by JPG »

Two 1 1/8 hp motors available on e-bay for $89 each with reasonable shipping cost.

Just a heads up!:)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-1-1-8 ... 231770d763
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mustangpalmer1911
Gold Member

Post by mustangpalmer1911 »

Hmmm I did just buy a Power stand that only has a 1/2 horse!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

They had the M5/V funky mount, but gee imagine that, they are now 'gone'!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
billmayo
Platinum Member

Shopsmith motor Other Uses

Post by billmayo »

I take a flat piece of 1/8" aluminum or steel (length is width of motor pan) and bend each end to to match the motor pan curve (or motor mounting pads on the motor) leaving most of the center flat. Using a type 56 motor mount, I mark and drill holes in the flat part for bolting to a stand and then mark the Shopsmith motor mounting position and drilll their holes. Mount the plate to the motor. I had aluminum plates cut for this purpose as it is a good use for the 3/4 HP motors.

I remove the fan & motor sheaves, the spring, washer/retainer and snap ring and collar between the fan sheave and the front bearing. I use a 5/8" ID pulley (with set screw and keyway) with what ever size OD pulley that can have one, two, three or four grooves that I am planing to use.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)