Happy New Year

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Happy New Year, 2011

Post by dusty »

I am pleased to be the first to post here in this new year.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Happy, Productive and Safe New Year. May 2011 bring each of you many completed projects and at least a few that come out as originally planned.

I also want to thank everyone who participates in this forum for their many and varied contributions. I hope all of you have learned as much as I have from these inputs.

The forum is growing rapidly in member count. I only hope that throughout the new year, many, many of you new members become more active contributors. You all have so much to offer to all of us. Through the sharing of these talents can we each become better craftsmen.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Well said Dusty...
I am an old guy who has been doing woodworking of one kind or the other for a very long time but I learn new stuff everyday from this forum. :cool:
I learn not only woodworking and Shopsmith specific stuff but also get a tremendous number of general shop ideas here.
2011 is going to be my shop year. I have retired from all of my business pursuits except the horse boarding (which is mostly now sat up) and now I can concentrate on my hobbies much more.
I have spent more time in the wood shop, trying to make a great shop out of a jumble, in the last week than I have in the last year. It is moving slowly, mostly because of excess "stuff" not yet moved out but going this week.
A huge number of the things I want to do in there involve ideas picked up from this forum.
My thanks to everybody that shares. :)
At this time I would challenge all of our lurker friends to unhitch from the rail and start posting about their shops and woodworking aspirations. That challenge is intended in the most friendly way in keeping with the very friendly (and appreciated) atmosphere of this forum. :)
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
efmaron
Gold Member

Post by efmaron »

A very Happy New Year to all our fellow ShopSmith owners and their families.
Eric, Sebring Fl.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Happy New Year!

Roy
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Dusty and Farmer pretty much said it all! Happy New Decade!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
cv3
Gold Member

Post by cv3 »

Best wishes for the NEW YEAR from Mobile Al
Make today a day that lets you smile!
CV
Mobile Al.
MARK V 520 - Band saw and Jointer. DeWalt scroll saw.
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

Well said all! Happy new year.
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I failed to include Charles' frequent request for location... If a guy in Death Vally tells me that he has the total solution to my shop heating problems I feel entitled to be skeptical. :D If I tell him that I have the total answer to his cooling problems he is entitled to be skeptical. :D
A sluggish Shopsmith in Alaska may be from a different reason than one in Key West. :)
Thanks
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
camerio
Platinum Member

Happy New Year 2011 !

Post by camerio »

robinson46176 wrote:I failed to include Charles' frequent request for location... If a guy in Death Vally tells me that he has the total solution to my shop heating problems I feel entitled to be skeptical. :D If I tell him that I have the total answer to his cooling problems he is entitled to be skeptical. :D
A sluggish Shopsmith in Alaska may be from a different reason than one in Key West. :)
Thanks
Everyone's signature should reflect the place where he or she lives, not only the kind of tools that they have.
Happy New Year everyone and my resolution is to try and participate more in this forum and doing more woodworking.

Andre
Valcartier
30 minutes north of Quebec city, CANADA
Owner of one Mark 520, SS bandwaw and other tools non SS
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Happy New Year and New Decade from the oily coast of Western Florida, namely, Pensacola.
;)
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D