Miter Saw Stands

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Miter Saw Stands

Post by ryanbp01 »

One of my goals is to find a quality miter saw stand to permanently affix my miter saw to. I'd like to get one with wheels for portability. Does anyone have any suggestions?
BPR
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

I made a cabinet with 4 deep drawers on 4 locking casters. It will roll into place against my wall where a set of shelves will be mounted at the same level as my saw to use for longer boards.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

T.K.-

I should have added it should be foldable. I'm running out of room in the workshop and I don't have the space for a cabinet system. :( Thanks for the idea.

BPR
ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

I have used a Rousseau Folding Miter Stand for several years with good luck. It has survived two miter saws and it folds and stores neatly.
ldh

http://www.rousseauco.com/
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Older Rigid Model

Post by kd6vpe »

This is the one I use. I don't think they make it anymore it came from HD about 3 years ago. I really like it and it is easy to fold down and move to the side when I need more room in the shop.
Attachments
Rigid stand.JPG
Rigid stand.JPG (167.72 KiB) Viewed 55812 times
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
gregf
Gold Member

Post by gregf »

Rigid still has their "SUV" Miter Saw Utility Vehicle.
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Miter-Saw-Utility-Vehicle/EN/index.htm
I'm happy with mine.
Richwood, OH
There is no such thing as an unsafe tool, only unsafe owners. If you make a machine idiot-proof, God will invent a better idiot.
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

I have the same one that Jim has(the old model) Home Depot does not carry that one anymore. I like it because it gives some additional area of flat surfaces to set things down on temporarily where the new Rigid stand doesn't have much flat surface. Being that I also do not have the luxury of a lot of shop space, I will wheel it outside of my shop to do any crosscutting with longer boards without having to set up my SS in table saw mode. I have had it for about 3 years as well and am quite pleased with it. The link below is for the Rigid model which Home Depot now carries.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1 ... ogId=10053
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

What about combining two tools for one stand. Seems as if Sears makes something that rotates tools. Ive been thinking of combining a chop saw and a planer being as both tools woudl seldom be used at once
bucksaw
Gold Member

Post by bucksaw »

ryanbp01 wrote:One of my goals is to find a quality miter saw stand to permanently affix my miter saw to. I'd like to get one with wheels for portability. Does anyone have any suggestions?
BPR
I own the Rigid (home depot - $179) with a 12" Milwaukee Sliding Miter saw and I'm pleased with the stand. The stand is easy to move around the shop or outside. It can also folded quickly. I would never buy a stand that does not have large wheels and cannot be folded easily. If it is on display have a salesman give you a demo. This was my third stand purchase ( I've had to learn the lesson the hard way)

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Dave - Idaho
Greenie S#261612 - Mar 1954 / Greenie S#305336 - Oct 1955 / Gray S#SS1360 - ?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?" :cool:
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Menards had a surprisingly decent all steel folding stand (orange, no wheels) that they were running on special for something like $39.95
I bought one for my son as a thank you for running down to KY with me (his truck, my trailer) and hauling an old tractor I bought home. He has been using it doing house trim and it seems quite sturdy. I may drop back in and buy one for me for use around the farm. For in the shop I have a table that is just big enough to bolt it down to that drops in the SS extension table holes. I'm thinking of just making over one SS main table to mount it to and using it with an extension table on each end.
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill