Updated Sliding Table

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Updated Sliding Table

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:12 am I am sure the extrusion is manufactured in lengths cut for transport and then cut to fence length. SS could easily cut them to the longer length required.

OK so the holes and screws require a bit of $$ but IMO an improvement results(aka upgrade).
You are right. I never though about the delivered extrusion being a cutoff from a longer piece.

I agree completely -- the longer fence, on the cross cut table improves safety.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BTW how are you going to spend all that $$$ you got for them using thy pix? :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:05 pm BTW how are you going to spend all that $$$ you got for them using thy pix? :D
My claim to that money was forfeited when I registered to the forum and authorized anything I posted to be used by them.

If anyone deserves to be paid for using a post in an ad it would be Algale
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

agreed!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange