Power Station

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Ed in Tampa wrote:...I had a buddy while growing up he sleep-walked every night, his problem was the bathroom door and the closet door were side by side.
I'm betting you never had him over for a "sleep over".
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I will exercise caution. I'll be on my own because SWMBO is a heavy sleeper and I can not count on her to safe me.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
doug45601
Gold Member

Post by doug45601 »

Aaaaah... "The old Power Station dance" It has been my experience that the Power Station is a fussy piece of equipment. Although advertised to be like a mimi sub-station for accessories, of which it will operated, you have to makes double sure the coupler is correctly aligned.. There is more "slop" in the sliding tracks then the on the Mk V... Hence, you slide the accessory tool towards the engine, (tool is mobile on a loose fitting track) whereas on the MK V, you slide the engine, (on a firm way tubes) towards the tool that is mounted in "firm" position.

Shopsmith MK V accessory to headstock allignments become more accurate and stable once setup is properly accomplished.

So check and recheck the accessory tool alignment on the Powerstation and don't expect an accessory lined up on the MK V to properly line up on the Powerstation!

One last thing I discovered: The manual says the Powerstation is nearly maintenance free. I did discover some areas inside that could use a drop of oil from time to time and sawdust does get inside the thing.

I have used my jointer on the Powerstation but as others have referenced, a slower feed speed is required. Currently, mine is setup with the belt sander because of the slower speeds and alignment issues.
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

I use my Power Station with the belt sander as well. It works well in that configuration.