SS Power Station Question

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

doug45601
Gold Member

Post by doug45601 »

Great advise! Called SS Tech this AM and talked with Dave who investigated my issue and was able to tell me this:

The Power Stands with the exception of the Planer Power Stand are all basically the same. All having the same 1/2 HP motor (Planer Stand is different)... and SS has different part numbers on their stands just to identify a customers needs in assuring the correct pully requirments for the tool chosen. I told them my intent to use it for a band saw and Dave said "not a problem" just use the correct pully arrangement..

The stand I purchased comes with the belt, guard and lower "double pully". The pully is for the old style jig saw.... so I know I'll need the bandsaw pully's upper and lower. Dave put them on order for me along with the belt.. It sounds I'm all set.

However!... This being such a great site with the wealth of info you members are willing to provide, I'll keep you posted and seek your help again if needed.. Thanks guys