New SS Decisions. 520 Pro-Fence or Jointech

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

edmo51 wrote:I like the looks and funtionality of your RT. Is this your own design or did you modify some other? Would appreciate if you could post more info on the dimemsions/details.

Thanks in advance
Would you believe it started out as a chest of drawers? :D About half way through I decided I needed a router table instead. The dimensions of the base (chest of drawers) is/ 16 1/2"d X 35 1/2"w X 40"h. The top is two sheets of 3/4" MDF glued together with Formica top and bottom and trimmed with 3/4" pine. I really didn't have any plans. I just winged it and that is what came out.
Here is a more recent picture with the Jointech fence mounted.
Attachments
JointechRT.jpg
JointechRT.jpg (87.87 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

edmo51 wrote:I like the looks and funtionality of your RT. Is this your own design or did you modify some other? Would appreciate if you could post more info on the dimemsions/details.

Thanks in advance
Hi edmo,
If you are talking about curiousgeorge's table, he has answered you. If you are talking about reible's table, look at the upper left corner. A SS emblem. Maybe Ed can tell you more about it, like if it is still available or knot.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
edmo51
Silver Member

Post by edmo51 »

Thanks George for the info.
Do you use the Jointech fence for accuracy or joint making,e.g. dovetails,etc..
Ed Mo
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

edmo51 wrote:Thanks George for the info.
Do you use the Jointech fence for accuracy or joint making,e.g. dovetails,etc..
Both. What I really like about it is the "repeatable" accuracy.
George
Ft. Worth, TX.
Go TCU Froggies
jlevin01
Silver Member

Post by jlevin01 »

I'd keep both. Use one upright with OPR and keep the shopsmith with jointech. It's difficult with my weak back switching away from saw config with the jointech & the router table.

I have both Incra router table with their fence and the jointech on the SS. both function alike however the jointech router raiser that you have is probably terrific.
John
(2) 520 SS with Jointech, bandsaw, jointer, beltsander, strip sander, overarm router