Jigsaw 610 Restore Parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jjrausch
Silver Member

Re: Jigsaw 610 Restore Parts

Post by jjrausch »

I have an intact old gasket that I used for a pattern to cut a new gasket from the fiber gasket sheet that I bought at Advanced Auto. It also leaked. Now I have solved the crankcase cover problem by removing the gasket and using Permatex Black. No leak from the cover. NOW it leaks from the drive shaft oil seal (#74 P/N502264)!
JJ Rausch
Bradenton, FL
2017 Mark 7
1958 Magna Jigsaw
SS 11" Bandsaw
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Did you block the weep/pressure relief teeny tiny hole?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
fredeharley55
Bronze Member

Re: Jigsaw 610 Air Pump

Post by fredeharley55 »

Does anyone remember the old Cricut infomercials that used to run on TV? Maybe around 2005 or 2006?

I would get so captivated by it and just sit there and watch. I wanted one so bad, but that was when times were tougher, and after watching the infomercial 50 times, I realized the price they were advertising was not the actual price, but just the price to get it sent to you - then they billed you for the full amount!

I finally did buy this Cricut Expression later. I had it for about 6 months, sold it, and bought the Silhouette. I was so pissed off that they sued the creators of Sure Cuts A Lot, that I didn't want the machine anymore.
Once I watched a short clip I found on Youtube. I still remember the 'chirp chirp' sound.

God, I hate Cricut now! But I still love Silhouette!
jjrausch
Silver Member

Post by jjrausch »

I guess I never "closed the loop" on my story. The Permatex Black Ultra did a great job of sealing the housing cover. The oil escaped from the drive shaft seal because it was over 60 years old. I replaced it with a new seal (SKF Oil Seal P/N 4912 from Graingers, Item# 40J912), but getting that cover off the housing to replace the shaft seal was very difficult and destroyed the Permatex Black gasket. I picked up a sheet of 1/16" cork gasket and cut a new cover gasket from that and it seems to seal the cover perfectly (and I expect I will be able to easily remove/reinstall the cover without destroying the gasket). Oh, and the shaft seal works perfectly, too.
JJ Rausch
Bradenton, FL
2017 Mark 7
1958 Magna Jigsaw
SS 11" Bandsaw
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

JPG asked
Did you block the weep/pressure relief teeny tiny hole?
This is important to watch for when making a replacement gasket for the Jigsaw. That small vent hole is on the upper right side of the housing when looking at it from the cover side. There is a hole in the housing below the upper right mounting screw hole for the vent. That must not be covered or blocked by a replacement gasket. The picture below shows an OEM Gasket and the arrow indicates the cutout spot to keep the vent hole open. The OEM Gasket can be installed in any position because that cutout exists in all 8 possible points needed.

_
Jig Saw Gasket - arrow.jpg
Jig Saw Gasket - arrow.jpg (351.06 KiB) Viewed 488 times
The picture below shows the vent holes in the Jigsaw Housing.

_
Jigsaw Vent Holes.jpg
Jigsaw Vent Holes.jpg (132.05 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.