First Table Saw Dilemma.....

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: First Table Saw Dilemma.....

Post by dusty »

I prefer 1/2" baltic birch for inserts. I cut rabbets around the perimeter to allow it to set down level with the table top. I feel that the extra thickness of the insert also helps to clean the gullets of the blade as it passes through the insert (to be picked up by under table air movement to the dust collector).

Just an old farts opinion.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: First Table Saw Dilemma.....

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I prefer 1/2" baltic birch for inserts. I cut rabbets around the perimeter to allow it to set down level with the table top. I feel that the extra thickness of the insert also helps to clean the gullets of the blade as it passes through the insert (to be picked up by under table air movement to the dust collector).

Just an old farts opinion.
A pretty good one!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange