Molding Knives Case

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Molding Knives Case

Post by JPG »

10 Blank.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

a nice drawer or box with a lid for them would be neat ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Really nice. I take it you 3d printed the copies of the knives? Trying to figure something out for mine.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

Hobbyman2 wrote:a nice drawer or box with a lid for them would be neat ?
I put them in my tool cabinet. I plan to put the table insert, the molding head and the arbor in the same drawer.
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

ChrisNeilan wrote:Really nice. I take it you 3d printed the copies of the knives? Trying to figure something out for mine.
I drew out the profiles for each cutter and then extruded them 1.588mm above the lid. Then I pause the print and switch the black filament to the white filament for the color change.
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Spooner wrote:
ChrisNeilan wrote:Really nice. I take it you 3d printed the copies of the knives? Trying to figure something out for mine.
I drew out the profiles for each cutter and then extruded them 1.588mm above the lid. Then I pause the print and switch the black filament to the white filament for the color change.
Ah ha! Silly me, I still revert to old school gluing something on to the lid! I've had my 3d printer for two years and have yet to try it!
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

This is how my "3D" printer did it
Molder 2.JPG
Molder 2.JPG (182.63 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

ChrisNeilan wrote:
Spooner wrote:
Ah ha! Silly me, I still revert to old school gluing something on to the lid! I've had my 3d printer for two years and have yet to try it!
Well if you ever get it up and running let me know and I'll send you the files to print them.
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

stew wrote:This is how my "3D" printer did it

Molder 2.JPG

THAT!!! Sir is one hellofa 3D printer!!! :D
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

I'm thinking about doing the same thing for my Shaper Cutters.