Premium Caster Upgrade - Peddles hit caster

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Jwdaniel
Bronze Member

Premium Caster Upgrade - Peddles hit caster

Post by Jwdaniel »

I have put the new premium caster upgrade on my 510 model (30 years old but works like day 1). The problem is that the peddles to raise and lower the machine so that it is stationery or mobile HIT THE TOP OF THE NEW CASTERS and won’t function properly. WHO CAN tell me a work around, fix or whatever. Is this just me or is this a common issue>

Thanks
JWDaniel
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Premium Caster Upgrade - Peddles hit caster

Post by JPG »

You likely have an older version of the casters where the foot pedals are more toward the end than the newer version. Solution is to move the pedal inward.(requires drilling new holes properly oriented so as to match the original holes/pedal orientation)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange