Adios!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Nick
Platinum Member

Adios!

Post by Nick »

Shopsmith's educational program, including Hands Online!, the Sawdust Sessions, Video Shop Tips, and the Academy are all the latest victims of this country's financial woes. Drew, Katie, Liberty, Buddy, and I didn't want to leave without saying how much we have enjoyed and appreciated your interest, support, and kind words. I'd like to tell you that we will be checking in from time to time, but we're going to have to make our way through the most hostile economy in eighty years and I don't expect we'll have much spare time. Still, I feel we'll see each other on the Internet sooner or later. Until then -- Keep your corners square!

With all good wishes,
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

God Nick, I am sorry to hear that. I personally think SS is making a big mistake, but what can we do... The best of luck to you and Drew. You WILL be greatly missed. :(
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

OH MY!! What is happening at Shopsmith???
hb2
Gold Member

Post by hb2 »

This is terrible news and must signal the beginning of the end for Shopsmith.
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

=====================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Sat May 20, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

Does this mean Rick and the TA's will be next? Some have already been cancelled.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!
audir10
Gold Member

Adios

Post by audir10 »

A sad time for the Shopsmith community. I know Nick and Drew will be OK given their talents. The economic mess the world finds itself in at the moment will cause pain for many of us. But, the sun will come up tomorrow so keep smiling because those are free. I have SS stock and I too wonder about their viability in this hostile situation. Let us hope they will be able to survive and can find the financial liquidity they need. When Toyota suffers a
32% decrease in sales for September you know things are bad. Everybody take a deep breath.
seajay62
Gold Member

Post by seajay62 »

Nick,

You will surely be missed not only for the direct educational aspects but also for your words of wisdom that you present to us here on the forum. I wish you & Drew the very best and do hope to continue to see your input on the forum for however long this is up and running.

I am an optimist even though I have gone through having the major company I worked for go through bankruptcy. Eventually I was let go from the company a few months before they were bought up and came out of bankruptcy.

Good luck to you both.
Regards,
Joe
New Jersey
1985 Mark V totally upgraded to Mark 7, dedicated Drill press, setting up Shop Deputy Sanding Station, plus...
easterngray
Platinum Member

Thanks for everything

Post by easterngray »

Nick and Drew - Thanks for all the hard work - it was great. God bless you both. Alec
1960 Aniversary Model Mark 5 500 "Goldie" with most SPT's
jmoore65
Gold Member

Post by jmoore65 »

Thanks from me too!

You have helped me get started in woodworking - and I greatly appreciate it. Without the support of your videos and the excellent help from this forum, I wouldn't have begun.

The $1000+ I've spent with ShopSmith over the last 2 years can be directly tied to my experiences with the Academy and forums.

I look forward to catching up with ya'll somewhere else on the Internet!

Jim