phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Peachtree is now offering SS zero clearance inserts

#264017 by Ed in Tampa » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 am

Check out the ad near the bottom phenolic ZCI for Shopsmith
https://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_102519_alignit.htm

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Ed in Tampa wrote:Check out the ad near the bottom phenolic ZCI for Shopsmith
https://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_102519_alignit.htm

No thanks! For that kind of money i will make my own.

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Ed in Tampa wrote:Check out the ad near the bottom phenolic ZCI for Shopsmith
https://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_102519_alignit.htm

I tried these out several months ago and they did NOT fit my 510 (converted to 520) table. I don't recommend these unfortunately. The problem was with the front hole location. It is drilled too close to the front edge. When you insert the countersunk flathead screw it just doesn't fit or align with the Shopsmith table hole location. I had to send these back to Peachtree for a refund. I can't say if I got a bad batch for this, or if all of them are this way. I ordered two of them and both were exactly the same and did not fit. Caveat emptor

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Peachtree is now offering SS zero clearance inserts

#264036 by claimdude » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:54 pm

I got a couple of those from Peachtree several years back and they fit my 510 to 520 converted table fine.

Jack

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Peachtree is now offering SS zero clearance inserts

#264198 by mmcdonough » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:53 am

There is a guy on eBay who makes ZCI's here is a link https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... =shopsmith

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

mmcdonough wrote:There is a guy on eBay who makes ZCI's here is a link https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... =shopsmith

Yeah, I have purchased this eBay one you show. Functionally these work great, especially since the holes line up perfectly with where they are supposed to be on the table (unlike the Peachtree one). Only complaint that I have about these is the fit. Looks like they are free hand sawn instead of a template being used. As you can see in the pic below, this ZCI doesn't track the curves and sides of the table all that well, i.e. should be a more uniform gap. Doesn't really matter though since it doesn't affect its function...just surprised that it was cut freehand instead of using a template.

ZCI.jpg
ZCI.jpg (110.41 KiB) Viewed 846 times

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

RFGuy wrote:
mmcdonough wrote:There is a guy on eBay who makes ZCI's here is a link https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... =shopsmith

Yeah, I have purchased this eBay one you show. Functionally these work great, especially since the holes line up perfectly with where they are supposed to be on the table (unlike the Peachtree one). Only complaint that I have about these is the fit. Looks like they are free hand sawn instead of a template being used. As you can see in the pic below, this ZCI doesn't track the curves and sides of the table all that well, i.e. should be a more uniform gap. Doesn't really matter though since it doesn't affect its function...just surprised that it was cut freehand instead of using a template.

ZCI.jpg


I make my own and I get the same results. I cut mine with a router using a pattern that I worked hard to make "perfect". Strict examination of my table cutouts reveal that the cutouts on my four tables are not the same. Thus, my hard work yielded nothing. I did finally get the drilling template redone so that the holes do line up with the table holes.

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Board indexDelete all board cookies

Welcome to Shopsmith. Please fill in this form and we'll send you more information and special offers for the Shopsmith MARK 7 and other woodworking topics.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required