Mesquite band saw boxes

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

john
Platinum Member

Re: Mesquite band saw boxes

Post by john »

Very Nice!

I like that wood tone and grain.

Jihn
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Wonderful!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

adamkearns
Bronze Member

Post by adamkearns »

Looks great! With which did you cover these wooden boxes?
artman60
Gold Member

Post by artman60 »

Those are beautiful, you have given me a goal to shoot for, Kudos.
The clock of life is wound but once.
STB
Gold Member

Post by STB »

adamkearns wrote:Looks great! With which did you cover these wooden boxes?
The boxes were finished with one coat of hand rubbed sanding sealer, rubbing the sealer into the open grain and inclusions. After sanding a wipe on coat of polyurethane was applied and sanded. The final finish was Johnson paste wax applied with a worn-out scotch pad then buffed. I experimented with several stains and finishes but leaving the finish natural wood and waxing seamed to give it a warm natural look that felt good to the touch.
As a side note Rounds were saved from the shredder after the very old Mesquite tree was cut down for a nature walk parking lot.
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Interesting!

A 'very old mesquite tree' was cut down so as to create a parking lot for a nature trail.

Good Grief!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Outstanding!
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe