Joiner dust chute

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

beeg wrote:...Bet the mower company wished they had placed a warning, "do not pick up running mower to trim hedges".
Why? Are you knot supposed to do that? The next thing I will be told is not to aim an "empty" gun at someone and pull the trigger. What is the world coming to?

Seriously, wood knot it be nice if everyone could think for him/her self and knot go sue happy when something goes wrong? Personal responsibility is the name of the game. Part of the high cost of consumer products is to cover the cost of litigation and monetary settlements. A boon for the "victim" and attorneys, but the company does knot pay for it, the consumer does, in higher prices for the products sold. :(
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

I haven't seen anyone ask this question yet.

Have you used the dust collector on any other tools and end up with the same problem (chips and dust everywhere)?

Maybe the the dust hose has a blockage in it slowing down the airflow.
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Here's another user with the same results.

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1390

Now my dust collector works great on the belt sander, bandsaw, biscuit joiner, and on the floor. Not so good on the table saw, but thats because I still have the old guard. OTHERS things I want, before spending on that.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob