Greenie Information

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Greenie Information

Post by JPG »

None of the 'extra' stuff that I purchased in the early 1960s is blox. Only those things have I an accurate date of purchase,

I do not know when blox started.

I previously concluded it was a SS Inc. thing.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Duckman
Gold Member

Post by Duckman »

Are there any Rustoleum colors that match the Greenie's colors? Duckman
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Duckman wrote:Are there any Rustoleum colors that match the Greenie's colors? Duckman
Hammered Silver and Hammered Verdi Green

This is Mickyd's restoration

Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Unfortunately the hammered verde green seems to no longer be available! :(
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

JPG wrote:Unfortunately the hammered verde green seems to no longer be available! :(
Depending on where you are located, it may or may not be available. It is available locally in my area. You may be able to order it. I have had the store ship other things to my son before when he lived in Virginia.

https://www.menards.com/main/paint/spra ... c-8050.htm
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

thunderbirdbat wrote:
JPG wrote:Unfortunately the hammered verde green seems to no longer be available! :(
Depending on where you are located, it may or may not be available. It is available locally in my area. You may be able to order it. I have had the store ship other things to my son before when he lived in Virginia.

I based my comment on the 'detail' that it is no longer listed on the rustoleum web page. There has been confusion regarding it's availibility depending upon the retailer in the past.

P.S. "Deep green" is darker than "Verde Green". ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote:
thunderbirdbat wrote:

I based my comment on the 'detail' that it is no longer listed on the Rustoleum web page. There has been confusion regarding it's availibility depending upon the retailer in the past.

They are showing it on the corporate page, I had thought it was gone too (Rustoleum Canada dropped it years ago)
(top right sample in the chip grid) https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catal ... ered-spray
Ron Dyck
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

For some reason the link defaulted to the first color shown. If you look at all the colors available, it is listed, just click on the color wanted.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote:
thunderbirdbat wrote:

I based my comment on the 'detail' that it is no longer listed on the rustoleum web page. There has been confusion regarding it's availibility depending upon the retailer in the past.

On the Menards link, click on "View All" Verde Green is second to last
Ron Dyck
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Although not the correct shade of green, Verde Green is the closest Hammered Finish Paint color to the original "Greenie" paint. It is what I used on the restoration below along with Hammered Finish Silver.
IMG_0220r.jpg
IMG_0220r.jpg (238.59 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
For those repainting their headstock and wanting the CAUTION sticker next to the switch it can be replaced by the stickers I made attached below. It is a JPG picture and should be printed on a full 8-1/2" x 11" clear label sheet. Use the sticker with the correct page number to match your old sticker or if missing already the Owners Manual for your era Mark 5 it references. Although most of the text in the different Owners Manuals for the Greenie's and Goldie's was the same the warning showed up on different pages.
Mark 5 Caution labels 2 4 6.jpg
Mark 5 Caution labels 2 4 6.jpg (376.04 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.