Are you a powerpro owner?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roopurt5
Gold Member

Re: Are you a powerpro owner?

Post by roopurt5 »

Crap! I forgot take pictures when I got home. It was so stinkin' hot, I knew the garage would be murderous. I'll set a reminder to do that this evening.
artlinux
Gold Member

Post by artlinux »

Yes - one factory unit

Art
Art ve9bp

Mk 7 PowerPro;bandsaw, planer, jointer, belt sander, DC3300; 330 sq ft shop
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

I upgraded my headstock using the PowerPro kit about one year ago. After some initial issues, mostly my misunderstandings, it has been working great.
jmadden
Gold Member

Post by jmadden »

Purchased my PP headstock only on 1/7/2012. No problems at all. I do have concerns about storing it here in hot and dry Southern Nevada. My garage/workshop is not air conditioned so I don't use it during the summer months. This past June we had 27 days over 100 and so far July has been all 100's+. My old 1979 headstock has been stored here for 18 years and still ran good when I replaced it in 2012.
wingfold
Bronze Member

Post by wingfold »

I've had mine since December, 2014 and really like it.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

If I did my counting right that puts us at 26 units. A few more then I would have guessed at, well actually I had guessed about 20 so color me impressed that so many have reported in.

It sure sounds like most of us are happy with our purchase(s).

If you have one and haven't posted yet there is still time, well until this posts gets lost in time..........

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
BPeter61
Silver Member

Post by BPeter61 »

Have one, it is currently in temporary storage as I am moving. can not wait to get it back
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I can't help but wish for one (tool nut) but it's just more than I want to spend in the shop right now and I can function fine with those I have.
Funding is going into the house, a rental property and farm buildings plus a bit of vacation and work on about 10 old tractors. The horse boarding enterprise base cost are always there...
New AC and heat pump was one slug and about 1,100 square feet of new carpet and pad for the living room was another so far this year. Trying to be ready as possible for what ever the future holds.

Still... Maybe next year. :) It wouldn't take a whole lot of arm twisting if the $$$$ became available...

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

I have two - both DIY upgrades.
One was my original 1982 "500" upgraded to a "520" - the other my Dad's 1979 "500" which I acquired after his death in 2009 and plan to upgrade to a "520" also in the near future
Have had no trouble with either one so far except for self-inflicted problems (operator error).
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
henecle
Gold Member

Post by henecle »

Yes, did a DIY upgrade of my 520 a couple of years ago.
Leif

1981 Mark V Model 500 "Shorty"
1981 Mark V Model 500 "Drill Press"
1987 Sawsmith 2000 Ultra
2005 Mark 7 PowerPro Model 520/Bandsaw/Jointer/Pro Planer/Belt Sander/Scroll Saw/Jigsaw/Strip Sander/Universal Tool Rest/Speed Reducer/DC3300/RingMaster/Mortising Package/MiterSled 5000/Biscuit Joiner/Grinding Wheel Guard/Nova G3 Chuck/Lathe Duplicator/SS Air System
2010 Lumber Smith sawmill
CarveWright CNC

"I wish I could remember everything my Dad taught me"