Cutting plywood

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Cutting plywood

Post by reible »

{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

TomH wrote:
dusty wrote:
TomH wrote:How about a link or part number for this Krieg jig? Thanks!
How about using a search engine (Google for me) to find it yourself.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/saw- ... -cuttrade/

Your majesty: I'm sorry to have wasted your valuable time (although in the time it took you to be sh**ty, you could have just posted the link). I was just trying to save a bit of time. When I googled it, google returned 215,00 results.

Again, I deeply apologize for not living up to your standards and will never again darken your doorstep with my ignorance. :mad:
Snarky!!! I am one of the worst here for that, and on Lumber Jocks when it comes to someone asking a question and getting opinions instead of Google/Wikipedia it and get FACTS, it drives me nuts.
Yes Dusty me too, just getting shop time, weather warming up and taking care of mom, so here and LJ and CL my shop time and mental up keep.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

reubenjames wrote:Dusty,

This is the proper snarky response.
RubenJ, you are soooooo good and I like your style. Another JPG :D :eek:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I have and use the EZ ultimate edge guide, http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezuegsb1.htm. It works exceptionally well for parallel rips.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I too have the ez guide but I'm not so happy with it. A semi review is here:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/woodw ... 16204.html

I'm left unimpressed with their tools and will not be buying anything else from them. I know a lot of people here like them but I'm not one of them.

If I knew then what I know now I would not have purchased this guide system. I'm now sort of stuck with it so I use it. But again this is only my opinion based on my experience. I have been know to be pretty picky with tools.

I keep searching for the tool that is right for this task and well it has yet to be something that I have found. Many ways to do the task but getting to a really good way that meets my requirements well that is another thing all together.

Ed
ibskot
Gold Member

Post by ibskot »

Hope nobody is angered...

Here is my full sized Porter Cable 347 that worked perfectly.
Attachments
IMG_20160416_160915.jpg
IMG_20160416_160915.jpg (115.64 KiB) Viewed 10808 times
IMG_20160416_160849.jpg
IMG_20160416_160849.jpg (166 KiB) Viewed 10808 times
IMG_20160416_160832.jpg
IMG_20160416_160832.jpg (97.7 KiB) Viewed 10808 times
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

ibskot wrote:Hope nobody is angered...

Here is my full sized Porter Cable 347 that worked perfectly.

Why would anyone be angered? You have a right to your opinion and if it worked well for you then it worked well for you.

I have the same exact saw and I found the system not to my liking. I did find that using my smaller Porter Cable 345 (saw boss) a little better but still not enough to want to use it either. The Rockwell saw works like a charm with the Kreg and that is how I use it.

I personally can not recommend the larger saws and the Kreg. You apparently can. No problem with that. We just differ on how we see the subject is all.

Ed
Last edited by reible on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ibskot
Gold Member

Post by ibskot »

Meant it tongue in cheek
Harty har haaar...
cham-ed
Gold Member

Post by cham-ed »

Cutting plywood - well a month ago I did what I thought might be a stupid waste of money. I bit the bullet and bought the Mikita track saw. There is no way I'd ever go back to anything less. Great cuts - no splinters perfectly straight lines. I have a GOOD framing square and I get 90 Deg. cuts. And no I didn't get a discount to brag on it. Just the only way to go. Big bucks but no cutting problems!
reubenjames
Gold Member

Post by reubenjames »

I will plug, once again, my pleasure with the TrueTrac. My initial thoughts are here.

I used it again today, in fact, to break down some plywood for a wooden fuel-barrel stand with a roof that is in process of becoming a quick and dirty playhouse for the kids out at our farm. I need to follow their tip of putting a dab of superglue on the rubbery slides that hold it in place, as they tend to slide during transport (NOT during a cut, ever), but that is just a minor annoyance.

But if you don't like the EZ stuff, I don't know how much different the TrueTrac is.