Cutting plywood

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Cutting plywood

Post by jsburger »

ibskot wrote:;)
randythewoodchuck wrote:ibskot, thank you for the Kreg jig reference. It looks like something I could use and not have to deal with trying to cut plywood on the table saw. Seems to make life easier, and I am all for that. Really appreciate the input from all of you.
I always work alone. That's why I got one. Amazon is about $8 cheaper then Lowe's and we have prime so shipping is free.
But you are paying for prime so does that really make shipping free? Maybe less but not free.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ibskot
Gold Member

Post by ibskot »

jsburger wrote:
randythewoodchuck wrote:ibskot, thank you for the Kreg jig reference. It looks like something I could use and not have to deal with trying to cut plywood on the table saw. Seems to make life easier, and I am all for that. Really appreciate the input from all of you.
I always work alone. That's why I got one. Amazon is about $8 cheaper then Lowe's and we have prime so shipping is free.
But you are paying for prime so does that really make shipping free? Maybe less but not free.
We don't pay for prime. Wife got it as a perk.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:
Nothing in this world is "free" anymore. Somehow you will pay. However, in this case $99 a year for shipping at no additional cost sounds like a pretty good deal. Maybe we could get Shopsmith to participate. :)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
johnwilliamson062
Gold Member

Post by johnwilliamson062 »

I have Bora clamps to use with a circular saw.
The only problem is it is much less exciting than trying to cut a sheet of plywood on a SS. Even on a dedicated table saw it can be a bit of an adventure. The guides are much much safer.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

jsburger wrote:
You are all right, but using the term "free" incorrectly, by buying prime, you getting benefits, like paying for a membership at Sams Club, Costco, ect.
That paid " membership" at Amazon, has benefits, which one is no charge shipping, free no, you paid for unlimited no charge shipping, and the other benefits that Prime offers for the $99 membership.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
randythewoodchuck
Gold Member

Post by randythewoodchuck »

One of my 4 beautiful daughters gave me Amazon Prime as a birthday gift. So, for me, the shipping and all other benefits cost me nothing. I feel like it is free! :D
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

randythewoodchuck wrote:One of my 4 beautiful daughters gave me Amazon Prime as a birthday gift. So, for me, the shipping and all other benefits cost me nothing. I feel like it is free! :D
It sure is for you, but not if YOU paid the 99$. It is like being a member of AAA, I pay 80$ for Premium membership, if I need to be towed I dont need to pay for it, but it is not free, I payed for that service in my MEMBERSHIP FEE.
LL Bean has free shipping, nothing is free, it is built into the cost of the product, to make a profit margin they need. I owned my own business for 20 years, if I gave a free anything it is built into my pricing.
If anyone here wants FREE vote for Uncle Bernie, all will be FREE and America will be like Greece B4 his term is over.
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

Well, a guilt trip, this thread got side tracked, so I will not add to that any more.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

randythewoodchuck wrote:One of my 4 beautiful daughters gave me Amazon Prime as a birthday gift. So, for me, the shipping and all other benefits cost me nothing. I feel like it is free! :D
Until you have to pay for it next year. Are you getting free shipping for ever with out paying?

Free shipping is fine but I don't need all the other crap they give you with prime.

I guess it depends how much you buy on Amazon. I do not pay $99 a year on shipping for what I order so prime is not worth it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

BACK on topic here.
Maybe this will help someone. http://www.woodworkerz.com/13-pointers- ... wood-cuts/
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob