100+ year old barn wood

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tdubnik
Platinum Member

Re: 100+ year old barn wood

Post by tdubnik »

charlese wrote:It is no surprise that your wife is "very pleased" with the new/old table!

I enjoyed your expression of the only way to build this table. And your effort to get old wood.

Beautiful job! Just beautiful!! Excellent workmanship! :D :D

Also, I'm thrilled that you are able to make those legs without the aid of that "thing". Nice work!
Charlese,

Those are kind words coming from you as I have always admired the projects you have posted here.

In my mind this old wood now has a second life and may be preserved for another 100 years. It has completed its main task of housing animals or storing hay and now like me it can retire in leisure.

Turning the legs was a challenge for me as I haven't turned anything in a long time. I probably spent as much time doing the legs as the whole rest of the table. It would have been much easier with a duplicator and inspired me to do the project I am going to post soon.
charlese
Platinum Member

Re: 100+ year old barn wood

Post by charlese »

tdubnik wrote: Turning the legs was a challenge for me as I haven't turned anything in a long time. I probably spent as much time doing the legs as the whole rest of the table. It would have been much easier with a duplicator and inspired me to do the project I am going to post soon.
But now you KNOW that you can make duplicates by pure workmanship!!

BTW, Your duplicating device is way cool!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA