A Message on How to Deal with Self-Proclaimed Authority

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

steve4447 wrote:..What I am seeing is the reason that Shopsmith is going to slip into obscurity...The ever shrinking demographic of entitled bitter old white men..
Well, I'm not entitled, white, old, or bitter. What makes you think the rest of the users are? Don't insert race where it does not belong. Typical playbook for many, does not belong here.
John
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

JPG40504 wrote:Anybody else notice how a certain psychologist has a penchant for throwing mental bombs and then stands back and observes the resultant explosions? :D
Who? What? Bombs? You surely don't think this is done intentionally - do you? What would we do without anal sphincters and opinions that we can freely express? Probably be full of. . .;)
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Again I ask has anyone heard of the word anarchy?

The doorman probably was under orders to keep the area clear.

As for you companion dog scenario. I had a friend that thought it was funny to bring his dog into stores and when challenged claimed it was a companion dog. This brought him great joy stuffing it to the man.

Well one day one of the no authority people you diss happened to be a cop in plain clothes and he called my buddy out.

When my buddy got done dealing with, I don't recall the exact charges but it had to do with food for public consumption, impersonating a companion dog and lying or offer false evidence. All I know it cost him money and time and took the smile clean off his face.

Personally I think if gets you off dissing a person that is obviously trying to do what they are told you have the bigger problem than any no authority person with an authority complex.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

Ed in Tampa wrote: Personally I think if gets you off dissing a person that is obviously trying to do what they are told you have the bigger problem than any no authority person with an authority complex.
Dissing? Now that is a word I'm unfamiliar with. Your post indicates that it is VERY BAD. Please give a definition and explain how saying, "Okay" and moving on meets whatever the definition is. It probably does, because you used the word but Enquiring Minds Want to Know.
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

Dissing=disrespect (ing)
John
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Anybody that does that Ed, deserves what he got and more!

Ed in Tampa wrote:Snipped
As for you companion dog scenario. I had a friend that thought it was funny to bring his dog into stores and when challenged claimed it was a companion dog. This brought him great joy stuffing it to the man.

Well one day one of the no authority people you diss happened to be a cop in plain clothes and he called my buddy out.

When my buddy got done dealing with, I don't recall the exact charges but it had to do with food for public consumption, impersonating a companion dog and lying or offer false evidence. All I know it cost him money and time and took the smile clean off his face.

Personally I think if gets you off dissing a person that is obviously trying to do what they are told you have the bigger problem than any no authority person with an authority complex.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

db5 wrote:Dissing? Now that is a word I'm unfamiliar with. Your post indicates that it is VERY BAD. Please give a definition and explain how saying, "Okay" and moving on meets whatever the definition is. It probably does, because you used the word but Enquiring Minds Want to Know.
Dissing is the kids term for dis-respecting a person. In the examples given it is obvious that the person in "non authority" was given directions. They passed the directions on to the person that simply said okay and ignored them, in effect dis respecting them as people simply trying to do their job.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Gene Howe wrote:Anybody that does that Ed, deserves what he got and more!

I agree!

I think everyone deserves our respect. If they give us direction in fulfillment of their jobs it is simply wrong to ignore them.
If the directions are wrong or violate our rights then we should take it upon ourselves to resolve the issue not ignore the person trying to simply do their job.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

i can't believe a topic as goofy as this has garnered 4 pages.Are we really that bored?
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

Well the Mid-Terms are coming up so I assume the subject matter will change to more heated subjects in the near future :)
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.