520 table question

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

forrestb
Platinum Member

520 table question

Post by forrestb »

I cannot find the info that came with my 520 upgrade, so.....

What are the two holes for in the older version of the 520 table?

Forrest

[ATTACH]23252[/ATTACH]
Forrest
Huntington Beach, CA
1985 500->510->520, bandsaw, jointer, planer, PowerPro, double-tilt, 3" casters,(now obsolete) speed increaser
chris jay
Gold Member

Post by chris jay »

To play peek a boo
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

chris jay wrote:To play peek a boo
And when you get tired of the game you can mount a shaper/drum sander fence there.

Ed
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote:And when you get tired of the game you can mount a shaper/drum sander fence there.

Ed

Like this un! http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/ms_shaperdrumsanderfence.htm
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
alisfair
Gold Member

holes in table

Post by alisfair »

Probably for the hoist. The table system on the 520 is extremely solid but darn heavy. Anyone want to buy mine. $400 plus shipping.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

alisfair wrote:Probably for the hoist. The table system on the 520 is extremely solid but darn heavy. Anyone want to buy mine. $400 plus shipping.

What is included in this offer?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

I believe JPG nailed this one. Newer 510 tables came with these holes. When you buy the Shaper/Drum Sander fence, it comes with a template for drilling these holes, if your table doesn't have them.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

dusty wrote:What is included in this offer?
I dunno, but I bet if you asked politely he'd throw in a box of postholes...
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

Ah, so. Pondered that myself.
Well that shaper fence thingie looks interesting. Makes me wonder: does it work; is it better than something rigged up; worth the money (tied to 'does it work'); are the holes good for anything else?
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;