Wood score

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sawmill
Gold Member

Wood score

Post by sawmill »

A friend called me last night and told me about some wood he could get from someone moving. This morning him and I went to look at it. I could not get my money out fast enough. The guy had this big stack of maple that was kiln dried and surfaced all sides eith most boards for 6 to 8 foot long and a few 8 inches wide. I have a short box super duty truck and I filled it almost to the top oif the box. The price 15.00. I gave him a 20.00 and he was happy. Do you think I got a good deal or what
terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

I'm just jealous is all.
Decent wood is scarce and expensive here in Southern Cal.
All part of the fair weather tax.
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Man you got took.:D :D I will double your money just because I feel bad for you. :D :D :D :D Did you keep checking in your review mirror to make sure there were no cops chasing you for stealing it?
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

joedw00 wrote:Man you got took.:D :D I will double your money just because I feel bad for you. :D :D :D :D Did you keep checking in your review mirror to make sure there were no cops chasing you for stealing it?
No I did not but when I got home my friend told me that guy didn't live there:eek:
jayhawk
Gold Member

Post by jayhawk »

Nice wood gloat!
Jayhawk
1982 Mark V 500 'Shorty' upgraded to 510 S/N 131846 (purchased new)
PowerPro S/N 09-02-10 (Sept 2010)
SS PowerStation, Bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, thickness planer, strip sander, lathe duplicator, ringmaster, jig saw, OPR
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

sawmill wrote:No I did not but when I got home my friend told me that guy didn't live there:eek:
Of course not - he moved!!!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange