Arizona Shopsmith Users

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Arizona Shopsmith Users

Post by JPG »

dickg1 wrote:JPG: Just do not make him ride in the back seat!

That is exactly where he should ride, with a seat belt on and a firm pillow held to his chest, Sitting in the right front seat with, even a minor accident, the inflatable bag could kill him. I speak from my open heart surgery episode and back seat riding experience.
Dick

So a safety device is a perilous thing also!

Imagine that!

Seems a reason for being able to turn it off!

Point taken and understood!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
roopurt5
Gold Member

Post by roopurt5 »

skou wrote:
roopurt5 wrote:Behold! I shall once again exercise my necromantic arts!

So, there really are quite a few members here in AZ-land, and while there was some talk of getting together, it looks to have fizzled out a bit. Anyone want to grab lunch/coffee in Phoenix in a 2-4 weeks?
OK, I'm guessing here but Rupert, Dick is going to be in town some time in the near future, bringing me
a Jointer.

Maybe, we could all hook up.

Dick?

Gene?

Dusty?

steve
Ok, so the 21st is next Sunday. And five days in town takes us to Thursday or Friday.

During the week is a bit tough for me, unless we're talking about evening coffee on a Monday! Saturdays and Sundays are generally the best days (though not the weekend of the 26th, as I'll be travelling to NM for my Dad's 80th b-day). After that, I'm free on weekends until the end of March. There are a couple of good coffee shops that are friendly to group gatherings on the east side. eXtreme Bean in Tempe (Southern and McClintock) and Coffee Rush in Mesa/Gilbert (Gilbert and Baseline). Restaurants are obviously easy, so whatever sounds good to the most people, I'll be there!
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

roopurt5 wrote:
skou wrote:
roopurt5 wrote:Behold! I shall once again exercise my necromantic arts!

So, there really are quite a few members here in AZ-land, and while there was some talk of getting together, it looks to have fizzled out a bit. Anyone want to grab lunch/coffee in Phoenix in a 2-4 weeks?

OK, I'm guessing here but Rupert, Dick is going to be in town some time in the near future, bringing me
a Jointer.

Maybe, we could all hook up.

Dick?

Gene?

Dusty?

steve
Ok, so the 21st is next Sunday. And five days in town takes us to Thursday or Friday.

During the week is a bit tough for me, unless we're talking about evening coffee on a Monday! Saturdays and Sundays are generally the best days (though not the weekend of the 26th, as I'll be travelling to NM for my Dad's 80th b-day). After that, I'm free on weekends until the end of March. There are a couple of good coffee shops that are friendly to group gatherings on the east side. eXtreme Bean in Tempe (Southern and McClintock) and Coffee Rush in Mesa/Gilbert (Gilbert and Baseline). Restaurants are obviously easy, so whatever sounds good to the most people, I'll be there!
Getting everybody together on these things is always difficult (lots of experience)... :D Just so everyone knows. Laura and I have a 6 to 8 hour drive to do. So we usually get lodging in the mountains to the north of Phoenix in either Pinetop, or Overgaard. We have some condo time we can use in either place but it depends on availability. This time of year is usually pretty easy, and next week looks even easier, but I need to lock down a date very soon so I can book the condo. We can drive over do our thing in the big city (Truth or Consequences is 7000 people :) ) then we run up to the lodging and go home the next morning. Lots of variables with that, and I am open to anything, just as long as Steve and I can do our exchange :D

Discuss!

Sorry Dusty, it was worth a try, but I totally understand!

BTW, if this kind of works out, I am working on a tour of a sawmill we could do, not firm yet, but could be interesting .... :cool:
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
roopurt5
Gold Member

Post by roopurt5 »

Wow! Those are out there! If you take the Overgaard condo, a Payson meetup might work/make sense. I'm way over in the SW valley, kinda near Tolleson/Avondale (Laveen doesn't always show up on maps).
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

roopurt5 wrote:Wow! Those are out there! If you take the Overgaard condo, a Payson meetup might work/make sense. I'm way over in the SW valley, kinda near Tolleson/Avondale (Laveen doesn't always show up on maps).
No, I have to come to Mesa anyway because of our swap (long story). So we just jump on I17 or take the US highway (forget the number) and buzz into town. Driving doesn't bother me :D and Payson, although which would be great, doesn't solve Steve's problem. Hell we could party at the condo if we wanted to .... :D

Maybe Steve could catch a ride with someone? :D
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Roopert, I was talking about March 21st.
silenthope
Gold Member

Post by silenthope »

I'd sure be interested in meeting all the Arizona Experts...if you don't mind me tagging along! Humbly, I think someone just needs to "push the wood into the blade" and put a date out there!
1955 Mark 5 SN-316919 (in pieces)
1956 Mark 5 SN-344051 (restoration in-work)
1962 Mark 5 SN-375717 (restoration in-work)
roopurt5
Gold Member

Post by roopurt5 »

Ok, how about March 5th (a little over two weeks from now)?
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

That's as good a date as any.
Now, where?
Dick, where's that saw mill?
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

Gene Howe wrote:That's as good a date as any.
Now, where?
Dick, where's that saw mill?
There are two of them that I am thinking about.

One is between Springerville and Alpine on US 191 in Nutrioso (my preference)
The other is in Flagstaff

Let me contact them to see if something can be aranged. It would be nice to have a count of people. I would love to host the gathering at one of the condos (Gene you have seen one so you know the kind of facility I am talking about). or we could meet at the sawmill.

Let's get a count and go from there :D
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild