Mechanical clock movement

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fjimp
Platinum Member

Wooden Clocks and their Maker

Post by fjimp »

A friend who works for a clock shop in Charlottesville Virginia recently had a woman walk in with a truly gorgeous wooden clock still in it's original numbered wooden shipping crate. It seems this woman had worked as domestic help for a wealth woman who upon her death gifted the clock which was hand made by one Charles Alva Smith of Vermont. My friend purchased the clock for next to nothing and later investigated to learn of its origin. He discovered a book written about Mr. Smith that is really interesting.

[font=&quot]The book is Charles Alvah Smith: Vermont Maker Of Unusual Wood Clocks by John M. Anderson. He can go to NAWCC website and purchase the book from their store. He does not have to be a member to purchase it. [/font]

If anyone is interested in visiting with my friend in this regard please send me a private message. fjimp
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.