Finishing question

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

GOOD looking piece ya built there. LOVE the book match ya did.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Nice work, Bob!:D It is readily apparent you put a lot of thought and a lot of good craftsmanship in there!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
keakap
Platinum Member

Post by keakap »

Ed in Tampa wrote:...It was about a 5-6 month process or get the color and finish to what I wanted.
I can almost hear the guffaws, but I gotta tell ya, with the salt air and humidity we have here, that 5-6 months would easily be a year and more.

I had a piece onct, did the Watco Danish Oil thing on it, but after the "soak" I didn't get to the "wipe off excess" part in a timely fashion. So my workpiece was essentially weird looking flypaper. Sat in the garage- protected- for about two months, NO change. Finally had to coat it with Verathane and then let it sit in the sun for a week or so, just so I could handle it. I can't begin to describe what it looked like.
(I fergit what it was or what I used it for- may have thrown it out.)
Mark V 520, Power-Pro!; Speed Reducer; B/S; Jointer; ShopMate DCS; SS Tenon Master; Rip-Strate; Incra; BCTW; DW734; var. SS sanding systems; Wood River;
donald1
Gold Member

Post by donald1 »

i have just completed all the doors after polish them...i loved my work.