Shopsmith Status

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

teufelhund323
Silver Member

Shopsmith Status

Post by teufelhund323 »

Hello all. It has been a while since I've been up here, and I was wondering if someone could get me up to speed with what is going on with Shopsmith as a company. Are they still in business? If so, what is their current status? Thanks in advance.
Tim :D
Belchertown, Mass.
520/Band Saw
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Their status is, still in business, still offering quality tools for woodworking, still hosting this forum, still offering internet/e-mail specials, and still delivering orders to customers.

Can't speak of any more or less than that. I'm sure there will be those that offer speculation but that is all it is speculation.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
teufelhund323
Silver Member

Post by teufelhund323 »

Ed, thank you for the quick reply. I am very happy to hear they are still in business.
Tim :D
Belchertown, Mass.
520/Band Saw
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

All I would add to what Ed has said is that they are struggling(as are many others) but are still able to breathe air rather than water. They do have a tendency to back order, but I believe that is preferable to them not being there at all. The need to run as slim as possible to get through these poor economic times is necessary to their long term survivability.

BTW they have 'leaked' a sneak peek at a coming attraction. Look at the notice at the top of each category!

P.s> I just looked for the 'sneak peek announcement', and it is no longer there! :>( Maybe summer is over! Announcement just around the corner????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange