What is the significance of your forum user name?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

iclark
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Actually I live in the thriving metropolis called Lutz about 15 miles due north of the center of Tampa.
Ed,

that puts you about 6mi NE of my niece and NIL and the 520 that I got them from Bill Mayo.

from up here, that seems like almost neighbors.

Ivan
Mark V (84) w/ jigsaw, belt sander, strip sander
ER10 awaiting restoration
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

iclark wrote:Ed,

that puts you about 6mi NE of my niece and NIL and the 520 that I got them from Bill Mayo.

from up here, that seems like almost neighbors.

Ivan
Ivan
Where do they live? Carrolwood, Westchase (Citrus park) or Odessa? Yes that makes us neighbors here too.
Bill is a great guy as you now know, nice having him so close.

Enough of this where I live talk the Commies might be listening :eek:

Who's paranoid????????
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Paul,
I have been up on AO-51 unitl a little mis-hap using some new antenna control software. I have to drop my tower and re-align my antennas. Good to hear of another ham into shopsmith. 73
P.S. I will let you know when I get back on the air.
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
iclark
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Ivan
Where do they live? Carrolwood, Westchase (Citrus park) or Odessa?
Ed,
if you ever played Zork (or Adventure), there is a section of "twisty turny tunnels that all look alike." substitute streets for tunnels and you have their neighborhood.

about 3/4 of the way from Lutz towards Citurs park as the crow flies. I don't remember the name of the sub-division.

more in PM.

Ivan
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

iclark wrote:Ed,
if you ever played Zork (or Adventure), there is a section of "twisty turny tunnels that all look alike." substitute streets for tunnels and you have their neighborhood.

about 3/4 of the way from Lutz towards Citurs park as the crow flies. I don't remember the name of the sub-division.

more in PM.

Ivan

ZORK??? Have not heard that lately! Nor Adventure. Sounds like an IBM transplant speaking!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
iclark
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

JPG40504 wrote:ZORK??? Have not heard that lately! Nor Adventure. Sounds like an IBM transplant speaking!
:) well, I did learn programming with card decks on IBM and CDC machines.
artillery was fun on Tektronix terminals using acoustic modems, but I didn't start adventure gaming until Gnome and its predecessor (whose name escapes me) in HP Tech basic on desktop calculators. when Zork got ported to the PC, I got hooked as an Infocommie. good text adventure games are still dangerous for me. I'd rather be making sawdust but (figuratively speaking) opening that mailbox outside the white house is sometimes hard to resist.
grouser
Gold Member

Post by grouser »

:D GROUSER.,,,,,,, ,,,,the cleat on a bulldozer's track pad (the part that rises above the rest)
Mike, Northern Ca.
:D Just an old logger trying to keep his feet covered in wood chips
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

grouser wrote::D GROUSER.,,,,,,, ,,,,the cleat on a bulldozer's track pad (the part that rises above the rest)
Now your avatar becomes more meaningful!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
perryobear
Gold Member

Post by perryobear »

Many years ago I was working at a summer camp. Nicknames were the normal thing. I introduced myself as Dennis Olsen and somebody commented that that was the cub reporter on Superman. When I pointed out that that was Jimmy Olsen, he said that was OK because I looked more like Perry White (the editor of the Daily Planet for you young guys). Well "Perry" stuck, and given some of the other names assigned that year - Grumpy, Lumpy, Wheezier, Squirrel, etc, I was content with what I got. :o

Years later I gave my wife a Vermont Teddybear for Valentines Day. She immediately named him Perry remembering back to that summer.

So here he is, PerryOBear,

[ATTACH]4190[/ATTACH]
He usually doesn't get to wear the hat, but he wanted to feel at home with our group. :)

Fun Thread,

Dennis
Attachments
000_0002web.jpg
000_0002web.jpg (18.96 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

osx-addict wrote:Mine is due to my dislike of anything related to MS Windoze and that I love my Mac's at home running.... I'll let you guess.. :D
Ooh! I know! (hand raised)

P.S. I get tired of thinking up clever handles, so I just used my real name. :)