New wood worker here

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Aabendick
Bronze Member

New wood worker here

Post by Aabendick »

Recently acquired I believe to be a Shopsmith 10er. When I got to it’s all in parts and I’m looking for information about what I have and what parts go we’re
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: New wood worker here

Post by edma194 »

Here are a couple of threads specifically about the 10E and 10ER:

Everything E / ER - Technical info, documentation, links
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/main ... t5074.html

Shopsmith Model 10's What When and Where
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/comm ... 23647.html

Also, in the following thread is a link labeled 'My Google Drive' in red, there is a sub-folder for the 10E and 10ER, and file called '10ERsurvey by Serial' which you can use to get information about your unit based on the serial number on the name plate.
https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/main ... 16113.html

I just got a 10ER to restore and I'm learning a lot of these details myself. Some pictures might help also. There are instructions for posting pictures in the Community Sub-Forum.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: New wood worker here

Post by chapmanruss »

Aabendick, Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum.

There is a lot of information to be found here about all things Shopsmith. One of the first that will help you is a manual if yours didn't come with one. The third link edma194 gave you has 3 of the Model 10 manuals available in PDF's at the same place as the Survey. There is only three of the manuals available there but there were over 10 different ones published to cover the changes made on the Model 10's. One thing to keep in mind about the Shopsmith Model 10E and 10ER was they were a work in progress. There were many changes to the different parts from their introduction in 1947 until they were discontinued in 1953 and replaced by the Mark 5. I have found that some parts never changed but there are up to 7 versions of other parts. If you want more specific information about your 10ER post the serial number and we can give approximate production dates and which manual will best match your Shopsmith.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.