ECCENTRIC TUBES

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

FraudDog
Bronze Member

ECCENTRIC TUBES

Post by FraudDog »

Told you all I would have a lot of questions!

Are all of the eccentric tubes that are used for mounting sander, planer, band saw the same? I am short two of them.

Thanking everyone for their patience, and assistance.
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: ECCENTRIC TUBES

Post by DLB »

No, they are not all the same. Also some old ones are not eccentric. The belt sander and bandsaw can use the same eccentric tubes IIRC. I don't have a SS Thickness Planer but I believe it has a unique mount, no eccentric tubes. The Jointer, sometimes called a Planer, uses much shorter eccentric tubes.

Ideally you don't want to share mounting tubes even if they are the same, such as Bandsaw and Belt Sander. They should be adjusted for each tool so it is best if they stay with the tool. It is okay for short term, of course.

- David
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: ECCENTRIC TUBES

Post by chapmanruss »

David is correct there are different length tubes and the Mark Mount Planer rests on the Way Tubes. Some do use the same posts such as the Band Saw and Strip Sander for example. As David said it is best that each SPT has it own posts otherwise you will have to align the tool each time the posts are switched and used.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.