Scroll saw Blade Mounting Fixture

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BrotherSquint
Bronze Member

Scroll saw Blade Mounting Fixture

Post by BrotherSquint »

I'm trying to find an easier way to change scroll saw blades on my scroll saw that has the newer style tool less blocks. The directions I found mention mounting the blade blocks in a blade mounting fixture before changing blades. Where is the blade mounting fixture located? Is it separate from the scroll saw and, in my case, lost? Any help would be appreciated.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Scroll saw Blade Mounting Fixture

Post by chapmanruss »

From your description I am not sure if you have an older or newer Scroll Saw. If older, there is an easier way to change blades with the Blade Block Upgrade as seen at the link below. If you already have this type of Blade Blocks than the Mounting Fixture is not needed.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... blocks.htm

The Blade Mounting Fixture for the old/original Blade Blocks is on the edge of the table as shown in the picture below.
Scroll Saw Block Holder.jpg
Scroll Saw Block Holder.jpg (108.77 KiB) Viewed 7937 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

There were several scroll saw tables even in the gray version. Mine did not have the table with the casting for this. The previous owner had mounted the seperate style version on top of the arm. When I got it only half was there and the other half lost somewhere.

I upgraded to the newer style so I never had to fight with the lack of the part.
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg (149.51 KiB) Viewed 7898 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

THe following thread may be of help to you.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/main ... 24048.html
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.